Magnum Research new   Xssights   Kahr Shop   Mitch Rosen
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Changing things up a little

Rampectomy sounds painful. Is that covered by Medicare?

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

I couldn’t walk for a week after mine. Luckily I had it done at the VA.
    Sorry to the OP as we have a little fun here!

Quote Originally Posted by BurkeyNE View Post
    Too much spring pressure?
    What ammo are you using????????

I don't think he's even shot it yet, it was broke coming from Kahr brand new....
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Bawanna is correct. I discovered the broken follower when I was loading the magazine for the first time. The front leg was broken off.

I would advise staying away from the Fiocchi ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by berettabone View Post
    I would advise staying away from the Fiocchi ammo.
    May I ask why?
    I’ve never had an issue with Fiocchi ammo (other than sv .22)

I never had an issue with Fiocchi ammo either until I used it in an MK9. I'm no munitions expert and this is just my own take. I noticed when shooting, that every so often, I would have a failure to eject, and the round would be jammed against the feed ramp. I never had this issue with any other ammo and thought that I may have been limp wristing. I purposely fired a bunch of ammo from different manufacturers like WWB, Blazer, Federal, FMJ's and JHP's. Never had an issue. By chance, I took a round from each company and set them up on the table. To my surprise, the Fiocchi ammo was noticeably longer than the rest except for the Fed. HST brand. I had a few failures with those also. I know I wasn't limping the gun, so my conclusion was that because the Fiocchi was longer, it was too long for the firearm to operate properly. Long enough to get hung up on the feed ramp. I wasn't about to get out the Dremel and start taking some metal off of the feed ramp, just to use Fiocchi ammo. I couldn't trust it, so I couldn't use it. Plenty of other brands out there and I still use it in my revolver and others, It may not be an issue in your firearm. It was just a heads up. I don't think I'm the only one who's had an issue with Fiocchi ammo. It could also be the case size on the primer end.

Quote Originally Posted by berettabone View Post
    I never had an issue with Fiocchi ammo either until I used it in an MK9. I'm no munitions expert and this is just my own take. I noticed when shooting, that every so often, I would have a failure to eject, and the round would be jammed against the feed ramp. I never had this issue with any other ammo and thought that I may have been limp wristing. I purposely fired a bunch of ammo from different manufacturers like WWB, Blazer, Federal, FMJ's and JHP's. Never had an issue. By chance, I took a round from each company and set them up on the table. To my surprise, the Fiocchi ammo was noticeably longer than the rest except for the Fed. HST brand. I had a few failures with those also. I know I wasn't limping the gun, so my conclusion was that because the Fiocchi was longer, it was too long for the firearm to operate properly. Long enough to get hung up on the feed ramp. I wasn't about to get out the Dremel and start taking some metal off of the feed ramp, just to use Fiocchi ammo. I couldn't trust it, so I couldn't use it. Plenty of other brands out there and I still use it in my revolver and others, It may not be an issue in your firearm. It was just a heads up. I don't think I'm the only one who's had an issue with Fiocchi ammo. It could also be the case size on the primer end.
    Thanks.
    From what I remember, it was fine in my p9 and pm9. I shot it all up years ago though.

I did have an issue shooting Fiocchi in my CW40. Seems that the case rim on Fiocchi is thicker than every other manufacturer and I would have failures to feed because of it. I opened up the extractor a bit (there is a post on what to do somewhere on here, may be geared to the 380s but still applicable) and I haven't had an issue since. But I have been staying away from the Fiocchi ammo.