Crimsontrace   Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun Shop   Kahr Shop
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: PM9 or PM40?

******* jack toy?

Just have to see what you tried to say and see if I'm right. Don't see anything wrong with it.

Anyhow, it's nice to have a tiny little gun with big gun features and controls without sacrificing decent sights, trigger etc. I think the PM9 is a pretty dandy little carry gun when something bigger just won't work.
    I've heard the trigger on the LCP is pretty horrible? Any truth to that?
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Dang, don't like *******. Hmmm gotta wonder why, not talking about the inhabitants of the white house or anything, just like a snack food, cheese on a *******. I feel like such a bad boy.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I better turn myself in, I know their coming for me.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

There is a big difference, and this is why I really don't think the PM is a DAO gun. The PM9 just has a long trigger pull. The LCP on the other hand has a hammer like a typical DA/SA revolver. The PM9 has a striker system. To me the hammer makes the LCP true DAO while the lack of a hammer makes the PM9 something else.

The trigger on the LCP is not smooth like the PM9.

very debateable. Some would say that if the gun does not have double strike capability then it is not a double action. Really makes no difference to me. Hammor or striker, both the lcp and all kahrs and glocks and Smiths M & P are trigger pulled to produce a bang thing, how it gets there after that is in the "eyes of the beholder". But you only get one pull only on either of these guns.

One could argue that with a revolver, when it doesn't go bang, you just pull the trigger again and it will cycle to another cylinder and get your bang and that would be true, but also it is not restriking that same dud round either. I think the true meaning of DA or DAO or what ever has gotten lost since these modern semi's have come on board.

Not sure there is a real winner definition either.

Compared to a 1911, the kahr is indeed a double action..

Well....I'm no expert with these pistols. I did just shoot both pistols for the first time - LCP and PM9. I do have a lot of "time" spent behind shooting pistols though, I've been a firearms instrutor for 7 years, SWAT 8 years and an LEO for 15 - mostly Glocks, a few others like Berettas, HKs, and Sigs...all of which were full size 9mm, .40, and 45ACP service pistols. My only experience with anything compact were G27s/26s and small 5 shot .38 revolvers.

On that note....I didn't think the LCP was all that bad in the trigger department for being a DAO trigger with a hammer. I think practice makes perfect for any firearm...you get used to anything if you shoot it enough. Train, Train, and train more. Now I'm not saying the LCP deserves any awards for it's trigger...but for it's intended purpose...a SHTF extremely concealable little pistol for about $350 it does it's job. I was able to shoot more than effectively at 7 yards with it...only slightly less than my proficiency with the PM9...but more than acceptable...and I never shot one before.

The PM9 is definitely in a different "class" as a pistol. I found it better on the follow up shots - smoother "recoil follow through as we say" - I could shoot it faster per say and stay on target more effectively. Kahr has a "better" trigger..yes, and better sights...But, I usually point shoot for "combat"/"defensive" (SHTF immediate threat) inside of 7 yards anyways.

I wouldn't bash the LCP now that I have shot it.....It just serves more of a pocket pistol/hideout role and that's it....but it works. The LCP also shot flawlessly..no malfunctions and the LCP was brand new out of the box. As so...the PM9 only had about 100 rounds in it and it was flawless also with 147 grain Rem FMJ ammo.

FYI FWIW I felt more "confident" with the PM9 and would not be afraid to take any shot with it that I would take with my G21SF. The LCP I wouldn't...at least yet...be comfortable outside 12 yards or so.

One more vote for PM40. Recoil IS fun, but you're not supposed to be having fun, just keep sights aligned and concentrate...

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna45cal View Post
    Did it pop up a message about being to big? That's where I get stuck. If my picture doesn't happen to be small enough, I don't know how to fix it. I think Mr. GB???? can't never remember his numbers is the avatar wizard. (Greg). Mr Wyn is also up on pictures and such.
    Hey guys, a little help for the Trunkmonkey PLEASE? You know we love pictures.

Here use this next time it says it is to big.

Resize Images Online at ResizePic
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

Quote Originally Posted by Trunkmonkey View Post
    Well....I'm no expert with these pistols. I did just shoot both pistols for the first time - LCP and PM9. I do have a lot of "time" spent behind shooting pistols though, I've been a firearms instrutor for 7 years, SWAT 8 years and an LEO for 15 - mostly Glocks, a few others like Berettas, HKs, and Sigs...all of which were full size 9mm, .40, and 45ACP service pistols. My only experience with anything compact were G27s/26s and small 5 shot .38 revolvers.

On that note....I didn't think the LCP was all that bad in the trigger department for being a DAO trigger with a hammer. I think practice makes perfect for any firearm...you get used to anything if you shoot it enough. Train, Train, and train more. Now I'm not saying the LCP deserves any awards for it's trigger...but for it's intended purpose...a SHTF extremely concealable little pistol for about $350 it does it's job. I was able to shoot more than effectively at 7 yards with it...only slightly less than my proficiency with the PM9...but more than acceptable...and I never shot one before.

The PM9 is definitely in a different "class" as a pistol. I found it better on the follow up shots - smoother "recoil follow through as we say" - I could shoot it faster per say and stay on target more effectively. Kahr has a "better" trigger..yes, and better sights...But, I usually point shoot for "combat"/"defensive" (SHTF immediate threat) inside of 7 yards anyways.

I wouldn't bash the LCP now that I have shot it.....It just serves more of a pocket pistol/hideout role and that's it....but it works. The LCP also shot flawlessly..no malfunctions and the LCP was brand new out of the box. As so...the PM9 only had about 100 rounds in it and it was flawless also with 147 grain Rem FMJ ammo.

FYI FWIW I felt more "confident" with the PM9 and would not be afraid to take any shot with it that I would take with my G21SF. The LCP I wouldn't...at least yet...be comfortable outside 12 yards or so.
    I would also question the significant difference in ballastics between the 380 and 9mm. I ditched my LCP for a PM9 because I always thought the 380 might just piss someone off. Yeah, I know, I know... shot placement. My good friends son just shot a mountain lion in the head with a 44 mag revolver. The animal immediately went down where it was hit. However, the round had actually deflected off the animals skull and gone down through its neck and out the back between its shoulder blades. It was a mortal wound EVENTUALLY but had only knocked the lion unconscience momentarily. You can imagine his surprise as he approached the "dead" animal and the lion bolted straight up and ran full tilt right past him before collapsing 30 yards away. Needless to say, I think there is no magic bullet and no magic shot location- only good shot placement, but 9mm is the minimum caliber I would consider for self defense.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I use Paint to convert types (gif to jpg or pix from email to jpg using "save as" and choosing the proper format desired)or touchup pix, but I use the Microsoft Office Picture Manager for resizing, cropping and editing.
    Wynn
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".