Magnum Research new   Crimsontrace   Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Barrel defect - brand new cm45

Default Barrel defect - brand new cm45

So I am one of the lucky ones who gets to send his gun back for repair before even shooting it!
    I will post a picture later today. Picked it up brand new and took it home to inspect it more thoroughly. There is a very small crack/blemish/depression on the inside of the barrel. Also right next to the crack there is a small piece of metal sticking out. I hope kahr's repair department is fast and accurate... geeeesh! I love my CM9, and I was hoping to love this gun also!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From your description, I suspect you might be seeing some of the nickle plating peeling off.
    I have several Kahr barrels that have areas where the plating has flaked or been worn off and I've had no performance issue with these barrels because of it. With that in mind, if it is the plating peeling in your barrel, I doubt it will give you any performance issues.
    Still, it can be an unsightly cosmetic issue that Kahr will probably remedy for you.

However, that's all speculation on my part. Your problem could be something entirely different. I'm definitely interested in seeing the photos you post.

Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

I send my cw 45 back for the plating pealing issue a month ago. Mine was brand new also. The gun was back to me in less than a week. Was not happy about eating shipping but the new barrel was WAY better in my opinion. I am very pleased with the service and shoots like a dream.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

So they asked me to send them the barrel and slide and they would look at it as soon as possible... I told them I am not paying for shipping, and that their quality control department needs improvement... they are gonna send me a shipping label, or they offered to send me a new barrel, but they said each barrel is matched to the slide, so if they send me a barrel it may not fit correctly. Wow... these people kinda suck... sorry just venting, when you buy something brand new and it is defective, the company that sold it to you should kinda make you feel like they are sorry and maybe try and make you happy...

I kinda have buyers remorse...

Quote Originally Posted by Don777 View Post
    So they asked me to send them the barrel and slide and they would look at it as soon as possible...

I told them I am not paying for shipping, and that their quality control department needs improvement... they are gonna send me a shipping label,

or they offered to send me a new barrel, but they said each barrel is matched to the slide, so if they send me a barrel it may not fit correctly.

Wow... these people kinda suck... sorry just venting,

when you buy something brand new and it is defective, the company that sold it to you should kinda make you feel like they are sorry and maybe try and make you happy...

Suck?
    I've not been a fan of Kahr Customer service, but it seems to me, in your case, they are doing their job. They've said they would look at it as soon as possible, will send you a shipping label, even offered to send a new barrel instead (and were truthful about the possibility that a new barrel might need fitting). I'm not seeing what more they could do at the moment to resolve your issue with the gun. Was it their tone on the phone (something I've not liked myself)?

As to quality control, again I've not always been a fan, but with nickel plating, unless it's a coverage issue, who's to say the peeling issue didn't start until after the part had left the building?

Quote Originally Posted by Don777 View Post
    I kinda have buyers remorse...

Yep, noticed that. Here's hoping Kahr makes it right for you (as traut45 posted, they did for him).

BTW, as you said you noticed that after you brought it home (straight from picking it up), did the folks you bought it from offer to make it right?

Regards,
    Greg
    Last edited by gb6491; 04-19-2017 at 08:34 AM.
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

When I bought my CM9 a few years ago the LGS salesman and I field stripped it and inspected every part before I gave him my cash. Just sayin'...

You make good points... I'm just angry.... I feel that something like that shouldn't have been missed at the factory. I am really not sure how it works at their facility, but is each barrel inspected before assembly? I would think that it is very important to check each and every gun, due to the fact that they are guns and they may be used in a self defense situation. Like I said before I am just angry.. as far as the people that sold me the gun, they are just the middle man I my opinion, they receive the gun open the box, make sure it's there and sell it to me... this is 100% Kahrs fault and they are making it right... so that's good... let's hope it functions flawlessly after I get the new barrel

Quote Originally Posted by skiflydive View Post
    When I bought my CM9 a few years ago the LGS salesman and I field stripped it and inspected every part before I gave him my cash. Just sayin'...
    You are right, I should have torn it down right there and then... in my defense though, that's pretty bad quality control on kahrs side...