Tommy Gun Shop   Tommy Gun   Mitch Rosen   Xssights

Thread: CW45/P45: Flush fit magazine - UPDATED

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I tried to follow suggestions in this thread, but failed pretty badly at it. Only 1 of the converted magazines works somewhat reliably, but it does not lock on empty. The rest jam on feeding or miss the pickup and let the slide close on an empty chamber. At this point I decided that it's easier to cut losses and bought factory magazines. 1 out of 3 refuses to work :-)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by zaitcev View Post
    I tried to follow suggestions in this thread, but failed pretty badly at it. Only 1 of the converted magazines works somewhat reliably, but it does not lock on empty. The rest jam on feeding or miss the pickup and let the slide close on an empty chamber. At this point I decided that it's easier to cut losses and bought factory magazines. 1 out of 3 refuses to work :-)
    Looking at your photo, it appears to me that you are using 1911 magazines with "Devel' style followers. You might improve reliability with these magazines by bending the front of the follower down a bit (similar to the magazine on the far right in the photo below):

Then again this might not help and, even if it does, it's been my experience that this style follower (or most 1911 followers) will not lock a CW45 slide back consistently.
    Have you tried a Kahr follower and spring in any of your modified 1911 magazines? This combo has worked without issue for me in my CW45.
    Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>