Tommy Gun   Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun Shop   Xssights
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Interesting holster for CW9

Default Interesting holster for CW9

Just saw this on ebay. I run a clip draw on mine, for minimal girth, but this looks like a great option. I’d see my self cutting down the barrel rod if I got one, but doubt that I will get one.
    212866E6-C6AA-4273-AD02-A9A34EE53C95.jpg3B4B7DF8-2894-41F5-A89E-1D6067F87AC8.jpg

Seems like one would need the barrel rod length to guide the gun back into the holster. Doubt one handed holstering would work at all, nothing to keep the rod open to accept the gun. Interesting, never seen one before, good concept but has bugs.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    Doubt one handed holstering would work at all
    My thoughts exactly. I wouldn’t even try it. I could see pulling out the holster to re-holster, but that’s not too practical. I had a similar, minimalist holster back when I had the P365. I never attempted to re-holster when wearing it, after the first few attempts. Too much fidgeting and room for error. I would do as I had said before, which was to pull out the holster to re-holster. Not sure if you remember me writing about it, but it had excellent retention as I had gotten into a fist fight, which ended up on the ground and it stayed put the whole time. It did not have the barrel rod at all either. Just the part that snaps around the trigger guard. Pic attached.
    F63F38A9-8F2D-4AA9-9CB9-8A35576A0D9E.jpg

Summer time carry often involves sweaty temps, especially bad for an iwb carry. This offers no protection from that, or the feeling of your gun against bare skin.
    In the Wintertime, if more than one gun is available to you it's often unnecessary to carry in deep concealment. And so I'd choose an option that had a little more firepower than a Kahr, usually. But even if my Kahr was my only carry option, if at all possible I'd wear it on my belt owb, in the Winter time. Outside of novelty I really see little use for this in my own personal rotation. Cool little clip though!

Quote Originally Posted by dao View Post
    Summer time carry often involves sweaty temps, especially bad for an iwb carry. This offers no protection from that, or the feeling of your gun against bare skin.
    In the Wintertime, if more than one gun is available to you it's often unnecessary to carry in deep concealment. And so I'd choose an option that had a little more firepower than a Kahr, usually. But even if my Kahr was my only carry option, if at all possible I'd wear it on my belt owb, in the Winter time. Outside of novelty I really see little use for this in my own personal rotation. Cool little clip though!
    I know holsters are a “to each his own” thing. Here in Florida it is ultra steamy in the summer, so I run around in shorts, t shirt and flip flops. My girth prevents me from wearing a conventional holster, lest I show off my wares too much. So, a little slide clip on my CW9 hits the spot. My undies prevent it from being uncomfy. But yes, it does get sweat soaked, so an evening wipe down with a silicone cloth every day, at minimum, is a must. No rust in years, other than the mag release. Every once in a while I remove it, give it and it’s channel a good cleaning and then soak it for a while in CLP. I go ahead and treat the interior of the slide too, as some sweat can get up in there. I learned the hard way with a Shield once, neglecting to do as such, and the recoil spring had gotten rusty.

What can I say, I'm into my creature comforts. For both me and the boys. I just don't wear shorts that won't hold a belt and on it a holster

Quote Originally Posted by dao View Post
    What can I say, I'm into my creature comforts. For both me and the boys. I just don't wear shorts that won't hold a belt and on it a holster
    I totally feel ya! If there’s one thing I like about winter time, it’s being able to holster and wear a 1911 or a full sized 9mm/40. Your response tells me you apendix carry. I’ve tried that and definitely know what you mean about “the boys”, so now run everything on the hip. My dunlop helps too!

I wear a 1911 year around in the same Garrett Silent Thunder IWB. Usually commander but often times a full 5"er too.

Only time I carry something else is on the rare days I work where I'm not allowed to carry, then it's whatever fits on the ankle. PM45 usually, Sig 365 sometimes. Half mans gotta do what a half mans gotta do ya know.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Wish I could carry a 1911 year round! And the ankle thing... I have a buddy who actually carries a poly judge in his ankle holster at times. He’s a big ol boy, and can pull it off.

Yep we all do what we hasta do. I don't appendix carry, the comment about the boys was mainly in jest, though I did recently pick up one of the urban carry holsters for my PM45. So I guess if I grow accustom enough to it then I will be appendix carrying. Thing is I like to have all the options I need so that I don't find myself in a position where I can't dress around my carry. Family gatherings are a challenge in that way because of the somewhat dreaded hugging that goes on. That's why I bought the urban carry.