Crimsontrace   Xssights   Tommy Gun Shop   Tommy Gun
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Found solution to FTF and failure to return to battery on CW 380

Quote Originally Posted by jtsmall View Post
    Technical Service Work Sheet printed at 1p Tuesday, two days ago, stated action taken as...
    1 update extractor
    2 replaced slide stop
    3 lubed
    4 tested OK
    "update extractor"? Does that mean that it has been redesigned?

Quote Originally Posted by LeeTn View Post
    Bumping this to see if anyone knows the answer. I'm still on the fence regarding the CW380, but this would probably push me to give it another try.....

I bought a replacement extractor from Midway late last year, and the only difference was that it was MIM instead of machined like my old one. It still had the same sharp, pointy edge at the bottom that required slight dressing with a file.

Quote Originally Posted by dsk View Post
    I bought a replacement extractor from Midway late last year, and the only difference was that it was MIM instead of machined like my old one. It still had the same sharp, pointy edge at the bottom that required slight dressing with a file.
    For a second there, you had me thinking I was on a Glock forum
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

I tried a box of Fiocchi FMJ ammo in my P380 today, and sure enough I had 1-2 failures to fully go into battery with each magazine. Just a slight push on the back of the slide with my off-hand thumb and it went home. I then switched to a box of Herters ammo and had no problems. For now I'm probably just going to accept that there's a gun/ammo incompatibility and burn up my remaining Fiocchi ammo in my Glock 42. It's not like it's my carry ammo anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by boscobarbell View Post
    Bumping this to see if anyone knows the answer. I'm still on the fence regarding the CW380, but this would probably push me to give it another try.....
    For a while the second factory trip resulted in no failures, but alas, nose diving into the feeding ramp eventually returned as before. I do believe the fix as noted by the OP will work but cannot bring myself to fix what Kahr has delivered - especially for a EDC or self defense weapon.

I suggest watching this video that I stumbled across tonight ...
    https://youtu.be/JwrBbUQze2k
    The solution offered by this fix is in line with the OP here. My thinking is that the CW380 MIM extractor has a QC issue compared to the more exacting CNC extractor for the P380.

Bottom line, I think it's a crap shoot either way but it seems that this failure mode is more likely with the CW series as compared to the P series. So you pays your money and rolls the dice.

I'm contacting Kahr a third time about this issue. I don't see it as my responsibility to do this fix. Nor do I trust my copy of the CW380 for EDC ever anyway, either way.

-jts

Sent from my Samsung Chromebook Plus using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by LeeTn View Post
    I emailed Jay a couple weeks ago and specifically asked about this. His response was that it has indeed, been redesigned to allow for better feeding.
    Kahr P380 x2
    Kahr K9
    Kahr CM45
    Sig P938
    Sig P365 x2
    Sig P322
    1911 Range Officer 9mm
    M&P 9mm

Quote Originally Posted by topgun1953 View Post
    I emailed Jay a couple weeks ago and specifically asked about this. His response was that it has indeed, been redesigned to allow for better feeding.
    Thanks. That's really good to hear. I've been so busy the last couple of months that I haven't been able to pursue this--but it has continued to bother me. Guess I'll email Jay next....

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

This is what they should know.

Case type Rimless, straight
    Bullet diameter .355 in (9.0 mm)
    Neck diameter .373 in (9.5 mm)
    Base diameter .374 in (9.5 mm)
    Rim diameter .374 in (9.5 mm)
    Rim thickness .045 in (1.1 mm)
    Case length .680 in (17.3 mm)
    Overall length .984 in (25.0 mm)
    Maximum pressure 21,500 psi (148 MPa)

This standard should be on every engineer's desk and QA member's desk for every firearm and ammo manufacturer.

http://saami.org/specifications_and_...dR.pdf#page=10

The dimensions are available. Someone screwed up for sure.