Mitch Rosen   Magnum Research new   Xssights   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rolling Dead Man. We only need one Walking one.

Too late now but if you survive to buy another gun down the road, you might want to use this guy. May save you some trouble.
    "If we ever forget we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under." Ronald Reagan

Colonel,
    Just in case you buy the big farm in the sky, don't forget your long lost cousin kenemoore. I promise to take good care of any earthly possessions you send my way. I will hug them and squeeze them and shoot them often.
    NRA Benefactor

While your constantly in my thoughts, you apparently didn't hear about the devastating flood and sink hole my house went into.

Complete loss. That's why I'm starting over. Expect them in the mail when I cross the river.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by GROTMAN View Post
    Just explain to her you have a medical condition and maybe she will go easy on you..
    She says my medical condition is blunt force trauma to the cranium. That the head for you medical terminology challenged folks.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Living life dangerously Colonel....which model did you score?
    Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    Well I got out bid on the lesser one, damn nice rifle and I wanted it bad but I let it go. I just moments ago won the 100% complete one.
    Done deal.
    I think I might live but it's only the first day of my legal separation, (we're more than 300 miles apart) so the week definitely ain't over yet.

I'll post some pics of this beauty when it arrives.
    Get wife new Mustang and you be home free.
    NRA Benefactor

We'd have to live in the thing, and there ain't much room.

I was in a dealership a few months back for something, don't recall what, asked the price of a new pickup, good thing I was already sitting down.

Dude tole me I should buy a new one more often, then I would get sticker shock so bad.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

Quote Originally Posted by gb6491 View Post
    Living life dangerously Colonel....which model did you score?
    Regards,
    Greg
    A 46B? as I recall, tube feed, target style stock. Turns out my son has one just like it really nice. I was with him when he got it at a gun show, just forgot which one it was. Had I remembered I probably would have held out for a different one.
    It's kind of a rivalry between us. So far I'm winning, I got more. But he's got a nice T bolt that I covet badly.

There's Wards 47A that needs a stock makeover and has some rust. It's been up 3 times with no takers at 149 bucks. The stock is nice just needs a refinish, the rust is concerning but the Mossy's usually take cold blue nicely and I can get a replacement feed tube if it's too bad.

I like the stock style on that one, rather appealing, but I better lay low for a bit I reckon.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    We'd have to live in the thing, and there ain't much room.

I was in a dealership a few months back for something, don't recall what, asked the price of a new pickup, good thing I was already sitting down.

Dude tole me I should buy a new one more often, then I would get sticker shock so bad.
    Yeah, it's a shame what's happened to pickups. High demand for luxury versions done turned anything above basic work truck trim into high profit margin stupidly expensive. My last "real" pickup was a 2000, optioned up, 4x4 LS Ext cab 5.3 Silverado Z71 and my OTD price was in the upper $20K region. Current truck, an LT3 2008 Z71 4x4 Chevy Avalanche went for OTD $42K. Both those included about 8% state sales tax. That last one was bad enough. Don't even want to think about costs today.
    NRA Benefactor

We have a 97 Z71 we bought used. Good truck, has a couple hundred thousand on it and survived 3 kids driving it back and forth to school.
    I can drive it, has hand controls but I haven't for quite a long time. If the van equipment gives me many more fits I'm likely to put a lift in the back and start driving it myself.

When we got the wifes mustang there was a really dolled up ford pickup in the showroom. Open the door and a little step folded out and lit up. Real plush inside, totally girlyman. I think the sale guy said it was like 72,000 or there abouts. they usually look at me and know I can't afford it so maybe he inflated or maybe deflated the price.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan