Tommy Gun Shop   Crimsontrace   Xssights   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Revolver you own?

The one I let get away......................................
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by b4uqzme View Post
    They are all great IMHO. But this is one of my favorites:
    I gots one of this in .45 ACP/Blue awaiting pick up from LGS tomorrow. Bought it from Buds.
    Last edited by ltxi; 01-08-2018 at 07:07 PM.
    NRA Benefactor

Quote Originally Posted by ltxi View Post
    I gots one of this in .45 ACP/Blue awaiting pick up from LGS tomorrow. Bought it from Buds.
    I dunno. Isn’t a 45acp SA revolver sacrilegious? 🤠. But I bet it’s a beauty!
    ​O|||||||O

Thanks, jg!

Beretta, how could you let that sweet one get away?
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

Quote Originally Posted by Armybrat View Post
    Thanks, jg!

Beretta, how could you let that sweet one get away?
    To make a long story short, I was getting firearm bored, and I had never owned a 1911 model of anything, and money was in short supply, soooooooooooooooooooo I sold it. Good news, I sold it to a guy who shot a lot, with his wife, who was a better shooter than he..........................he had fallen down in his back yard the previous year and broke his wrist. No more racking slides for him, so he decided to switch to a revolver. It worked out for him, it was a 9mm model, had a wonderful trigger that went straight through from start to finish. That trigger was a hard one to find. He and his wife were able to continue their club and personal shooting. A very competitive couple. Bad news is I got a 1911 model and although I like the .45 caliber, don't care for the firearm. It's the only firearm I've ever had regrets selling, but it went to a good home, to people that would use it, and enjoy it. I went to his home and when he opened the box, I thought he was going to cry. He said, " You said it was nice, but I didn't expect it to be this nice." I got top dollar because of the condition, learned I didn't like 1911 models, and a couple were extremely happy. They were shooters.......................................... ........

I had a Speed Six once, sold it because they cylinder kept binding up. I bought it used so it must have been dropped or something. It was a great shooter and a great size, but kind of heavy to carry.

Someone once asked me to bob the hammer spur on a Speed Six. There was a small flat spot on the top of the hammer that I serrated for ease of decocking. I think it was on a speed six. It was over 30 yrs. ago.

Quote Originally Posted by b4uqzme View Post
    I dunno. Isn’t a 45acp SA revolver sacrilegious? 🤠. But I bet it’s a beauty!
    To some mebbe. And I understand the comment. But other than occasional play with I really don't have much caring/use for .45 Colt. .45 ACP fer me more useful and ammo (large stock of which I have) compatible with all but a couple of my 1911s. For S/A revolver serious, I'm good with my .44 Mag.
    NRA Benefactor

Default 45 ACP Revolvers sound interesting to me

Quote Originally Posted by ltxi View Post
    To some mebbe. And I understand the comment. But other than occasional play with I really don't have much caring/use for .45 Colt. .45 ACP fer me more useful and ammo (large stock of which I have) compatible with all but a couple of my 1911s. For S/A revolver serious, I'm good with my .44 Mag.
    +1
    My revolvers are all vanilla - .38 Special/.357 Mag and .44 Special/.44 Mag.
    But I've definitely considered a 45 ACP revolver as I've got a few 45 ACP semi autos.

Last edited by Barth; 01-09-2018 at 07:30 PM.