Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun   Xssights   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kahr's in competition

Default Kahr's in competition

I shot a bug match at my local IDPA club last year. 1st, 2nd, & 3rd place were all shooting Kahrs. I got 2nd with my K40, the other two were plastic frame 9mm models. We beat several Glocks, PPKs, j-frames, and other assorted small pistols (3 1/2" max barrels).It seems the Kahrs worked very well in competition, you guys should find a bug match in your area and give it a try.

I would love to shoot in a BUG match. i shoot every week this summer in USPSA matches but have never had the opportunity to use my Kahrs in any of them. It would be a blast I think!!!

Very nice to hear you did so well! Congrats

RCG
    .......It's that you shot!

Stay thirsty my friend!

99% of the Liberals give the rest of them a bad name

Default u really

Quote Originally Posted by texjack View Post
    I shot a bug match at my local IDPA club last year. 1st, 2nd, & 3rd place were all shooting Kahrs. I got 2nd with my K40, the other two were plastic frame 9mm models. We beat several Glocks, PPKs, j-frames, and other assorted small pistols (3 1/2" max barrels).It seems the Kahrs worked very well in competition, you guys should find a bug match in your area and give it a try.
    beat the shooters behind the glocks, PPK, J frames. Not the guns...

Right on Jocko!

RCG
    .......It's that you shot!

Stay thirsty my friend!

99% of the Liberals give the rest of them a bad name

Does the fact that 6+1 is the best you can do with a full mag a hindrance in match shooting? Is there any way to make a mag that holds more cartridges?

Quote Originally Posted by bayoutrigger View Post
    Does the fact that 6+1 is the best you can do with a full mag a hindrance in match shooting? Is there any way to make a mag that holds more cartridges?
    Probably not a hindrance in a bug match. Not many in that category that would hold more. Just my thought, cant say for positive, never heard of a bug match to be honest but I intend to check around locally for one. Sounds like a good time.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Default it's

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna45cal View Post
    Probably not a hindrance in a bug match. Not many in that category that would hold more. Just my thought, cant say for positive, never heard of a bug match to be honest but I intend to check around locally for one. Sounds like a good time.
    allin fun and training anyhow. The BUG match should be what YOU CARRY and not really a BUG match gun either. If one does that he has kinda killed the meaning of the BUG anyhow.

Go to the shoot with what ever YOU CARRY. Hellif a NAA mini revolver is what u always carry, then indeed train with it. As long as they kept the BUG matchs under 10 yards I would feel very comfortable with any of my kahrs. Not a race gun for me as I never carry a spare mag anyhow, so proper placement of 7 runds in a BUG match would proablay be a fun thing.

remember some one always wins and some one comes in last...

Quote Originally Posted by jocko View Post
    allin fun and training anyhow. The BUG match should be what YOU CARRY and not really a BUG match gun either. If one does that he has kinda killed the meaning of the BUG anyhow.

Go to the shoot with what ever YOU CARRY. Hellif a NAA mini revolver is what u always carry, then indeed train with it. As long as they kept the BUG matchs under 10 yards I would feel very comfortable with any of my kahrs. Not a race gun for me as I never carry a spare mag anyhow, so proper placement of 7 runds in a BUG match would proablay be a fun thing.

remember some one always wins and some one comes in last...
    They use to always tell me back in my motorcycle racing days that I always came in last so nobody else would have to. Everyone but me usually could say at least they weren't last.
    This bug thing would be kind of fun even if you just did it with a small group of friends informally. For those of you that have friends that is.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Our IDPA club has BUG matches 2-3 times a year, usually just for fun. For instance, we'll have a bug match after we host our yearly major match. This helps everyone wind down after the stress and work load of hosting a major. Of course, it is a great way to practice with our CHL guns. We download to 5 rounds to keep it fair for the j-frames, with a 10 round max per stage. These matches seem to be less serious competition wise, and more relaxed fun (with a lot of laughs).Also, we usually start each stage with gun either holstered or on top of barrel or table, shooters choice.

ScottNH Guest

Don't limit yourself to BUG matches (which are pretty rare around here.) I shoot one club match with my P9 every year, right there in SSP with everyone else. With the exception of rounds count (I use all 8-round mags), I'm right in there with everyone else, and usually finish in the upper quartile.