Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun Shop   Tommy Gun   Mitch Rosen
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: CW380 Guide Rod--AGAIN!!

[QUOTE=King Rat;389192]Here is the Federal that I used when I went back after working out the problems from the last range session. Remember the Freedom Munition runs great in the Kahr. I bought these when i ran out after only bringing one box of ammo to retest the gun. Over priced at the LGS but they ran great I will have to see if Walmart carries the Federal at a reasonable price. If the are around$10.00 a box, will be great instead of the rip off LGS price of $20.00.

If you find .380 for $10 a box let us know. I got some PMC from Freedom Munitions for $9.00 per....I still think it was a mistake..but I got my 1000 rnds. I wonder how many LGS/ranges scare off people form the sport with their overpriced ammo when renting a gun.
    Kahr P380 x2
    Kahr K9
    Kahr CM45
    Sig P938
    Sig P365 x2
    Sig P322
    1911 Range Officer 9mm
    M&P 9mm

[QUOTE=topgun1953;389204]
    Quote Originally Posted by King Rat View Post
    Here is the Federal that I used when I went back after working out the problems from the last range session. Remember the Freedom Munition runs great in the Kahr. I bought these when i ran out after only bringing one box of ammo to retest the gun. Over priced at the LGS but they ran great I will have to see if Walmart carries the Federal at a reasonable price. If the are around$10.00 a box, will be great instead of the rip off LGS price of $20.00.

If you find .380 for $10 a box let us know. I got some PMC from Freedom Munitions for $9.00 per....I still think it was a mistake..but I got my 1000 rnds. I wonder how many LGS/ranges scare off people form the sport with their overpriced ammo when renting a gun.
    Thank you Top gun. I am going up to Walmart tomorrow and check it out. The good news is I have about 500 rounds of Freedom munitions which yes, it loves it. PMC is good ammo, If ordering from Freedom munitions I have found out a few times that if you include ammo other than their own ammo, it can add delays in shipping.
    On the Federal over priced LGS.It is not unusual to see people shooting multiply boxes of their over priced ammo. Obviously these folks do no not shoot often.

I have been measuring the lengths of different cartridges and have come to the conclusion that the Kahr does not like a round over a certain length. The Freedom is one of the shortest I have seen so far, and the best ammo I have shot out of the gun. I will post some numbers later. But it might be a wise thing for owners to invest in a case gauge and a set of calipers. I have a gauge in 9mm and ordered one for 380. from amazon. They have them for $20.00.
    Last edited by King Rat; 08-02-2017 at 11:16 PM.

I've never found .380 ammo for just $10. The cheapest I ever find it locally is around $14. Usually it's PPU or Cabela's in-house brand Herters. Fortunately my P380 runs either one just fine assuming it's not having PMS again (pocketgun malfunction syndrome). The only stuff mine flat out won't run is either ammo with a really blunt nose (like PMC Starfire) or Fiocchi, which isn't news for any .380 Kahr owner.

Just read this on another forum from Gun Deals. Less than $10 per 50 box.

Monarch .380 ACP 94 Gr 200 Rnds - $36.99 (Free S/H over $50)

Does anyone know what the turnaround is for pistol service these days at Kahr? Just curious, as I'm eager to get my CW380 back.

It really depends on what it needs and if they have parts off the line needed to repair it.
    We could only guess as we don't know how many are in line.

I had to send my K40 back for a barrel peening issue long long ago and it was taking forever. I finally emailed and they couldn't find it but the contact, a nice lady named Dorothy as I recall figured it out. I was inquiring by my name but it was logged in as my police department.
    Once she figured that out she said it was all black and it needed a new slide but they didn't have any black slides off the line.

I inquired as to the cost of putting on a stainless slide and she said they had those, no charge and I got it the very next day. I wanted a two tone anyhow so it was a win / win for me.

How long has it been gone?
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by boscobarbell View Post
    Does anyone know what the turnaround is for pistol service these days at Kahr? Just curious, as I'm eager to get my CW380 back.
    Patience buddy. Exorcisms take time.

On a lighter note, I discovered the new batch of Perfecta 380 I bought works fine in both of my CW380s. The few rounds I saved from my last batch still don't chamber easily though.

Check out your local Walmart - $9.97 per box is pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post

How long has it been gone?
    It was at my LGS on 07/21, so probably was shipped to them on 07/22.

I tried a box of Perfecta from Walmart yesterday. Tried to beat buying 2 boxes of the $18.97 a box for the Federal. Less than 10 rds actually cycled thru without a problem. With the matter of recoil springs..... on the WolfSprings website https://www.gunsprings.com/Semi-Auto...1/mID31/dID150 I see a few spring pound tension options for the recoil springs that appear very similar to the Kahr springs, but when I select Kahr I see no springs listed for a 380. Anyone tried a KelTec P3AT spring and if yes, what LBS and why? What is the LBs of a CW380 Kahr spring?

Quote Originally Posted by mark7mod0 View Post
    I tried a box of Perfecta from Walmart yesterday. Tried to beat buying 2 boxes of the $18.97 a box for the Federal. Less than 10 rds actually cycled thru without a problem. With the matter of recoil springs..... on the WolfSprings website https://www.gunsprings.com/Semi-Auto...1/mID31/dID150 I see a few spring pound tension options for the recoil springs that appear very similar to the Kahr springs, but when I select Kahr I see no springs listed for a 380. Anyone tried a KelTec P3AT spring and if yes, what LBS and why? What is the LBs of a CW380 Kahr spring?
    I doubt Kel Tec P3AT springs would work as I believe the diameter of the Kahr guide rod is too large. For sure this is the case with 1st/1.5 gen LCP springs.
    Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>