Crimsontrace   Kahr Shop   Xssights   Tommy Gun
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Any KelTec Owners here??

Quote Originally Posted by ltxi View Post
    Not me...I still have some pride left. Not much, mind you, but at least a wee bit.

pride is saying you don't own a Rohm RG14 .... I have one of those also, but pride is a different matter ....

jd

It's not gun control that we need, it's soul control!

Quote Originally Posted by mr surveyor View Post
    pride is saying you don't own a Rohm RG14 .... I have one of those also, but pride is a different matter ....

jd
    Well, I wasn't going to go there...but since you brought it up. I did have one of those once.

Bought it as a "Two Dollar Special" curiosity as I was checking out at an Army/Navy surplus store circa 1972. Wildly inaccurate, spit lead. Then wife tried to commit suicide with it in 1978. It wasn't even up to that simplest of tasks. So, after that I got rid of it. And her as well.
    NRA Benefactor

Quote Originally Posted by ltxi View Post
    Well, I wasn't going to go there...but since you brought it up. I did have one of those once.

Bought it as a "Two Dollar Special" curiosity as I was checking out at an Army/Navy surplus store circa 1972. Wildly inaccurate, spit lead. Then wife tried to commit suicide with it in 1978. It wasn't even up to that simplest of tasks. So, after that I got rid of it. And her as well.
    hopefully through divorce and not though "sleeping with the fishes" kind of got rid of her.....
    Kahr MK9, Kahr CW9, Kahr P380, Kel-Tec P-3AT, Glock 17, Remington RM380, Sarsilmaz B6PC

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use."

Ask no questions, tell no lies.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    Ask no questions, tell no lies.
    Methinks you've come to know me rather well...
    NRA Benefactor

Quote Originally Posted by JethrosDad View Post
    hopefully through divorce and not though "sleeping with the fishes" kind of got rid of her.....
    Why "hopefully"?
    NRA Benefactor

Quote Originally Posted by TheLastDaze View Post
    I run Fiocchi 73grn FMJ as defense, looking to get the extreme cavitator as it has very impressive testing..
    I've tested mine with both the EC round, and it functions 100%. Unfortunately, over at The KTOG, there are several reports of rim-lock with that round. The recommended solution is usually EC in the pipe, EC as the top round in the mag, and the rest al Fiocchi. Works for me.....

yeah ive heard mixed results, some have no problems while others do.. when i buy some ec I will probably carry the same way, little to nerving to carry a full mag and worry about "what if"
    RIP Muggsy

Quote Originally Posted by boscobarbell View Post
    I've tested mine with both the EC round, and it functions 100%. Unfortunately, over at The KTOG, there are several reports of rim-lock with that round. The recommended solution is usually EC in the pipe, EC as the top round in the mag, and the rest al Fiocchi. Works for me.....
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLastDaze View Post
    yeah ive heard mixed results, some have no problems while others do.. when i buy some ec I will probably carry the same way, little to nerving to carry a full mag and worry about "what if"
    I'd guess that most folks know what "Rim lock" is, but for those that don't there's a good explanation of it here: http://www.vintagepistols.com/1907/32acp.htm

For those that don't want to follow the link, a quick explanation is:
    .32 ACP is a semi-rimmed cartridge: meaning the rim diameter is larger than the case diameter. Rim lock occurs when the rim of a round gets trapped behind the rim of the round below it in the magazine. This prevents the trapped round from feeding when it is it's turn to do so.

Rim lock can occur with any .32 ACP ammo, but it is more likely to occur when the overall length of the round is short enough (IE: most hollow points) that the individual rounds can move around (rear to front) in the magazine. In a correctly loaded magazine, the longer OAL of the FMJ usually prevents this movement. The rim lock prevention kit decreases the space (front to back) in a magazine to prevent this movement when rounds with shorter OAL are used.
    Here's a shot that shows a comparison of how FMJ and hollow points sit in an unmodified magazine:

Kel Tec used to sell a kit that prevented rim lock, but it seems to have been dropped (at least I couldn't find it on their website).

It consisted of a modified floor plate. modified follower and a spacer that went into the back of the magazine.
    Here's a photo that I posted some years back showing the components of the kit:

Here's some Xtreme Cavitator in one of my mags with the kit installed:

The kit may be out of production, but you can make a "Flyer Wire" that accomplishes the same task:
    http://www.1bad69.com/keltec/flyerwire.htm

The kit and the wire work fine. The downside is FMJ won't work in magazines that have them installed.
    However, the Flyer Wire and the kit's spacer can be removed with little effort to allow the use of FMJ in the magazine. The other components work just as well with or without them.
    Myself, I have other magazines for FMJ use

Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

i have a Keltec pf9...only pistol i could find that has very light weight (12 ounces), holds 7+1, 9mm, hammer fired, no safety cause of the trigger, pocket safe trigger....kicks like a mad mule....don't care...didn't buy it for range practice