Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun Shop   Tommy Gun   Mitch Rosen

Thread: Do the Pearce Grips extensions for the CM9 magazine decrease reliability?

Default Do the Pearce Grips extensions for the CM9 magazine decrease reliability?

I read that some people had reliability issues when using the 7 round mags with the extension. Anyone know if there is the same issue using the Pearce extensions?

TIA

I use the 7 round mag as is. I have Pearce Grip extensions on all of my 6 round mags. No issues. Only thing I found was that the mag base lock provided by Pearce was a little thin and I got extra ones that you would find on the 7 round mag from Kahr. They are thicker and hold the grip in place better and tighter. With the thin base locks, the grip had a tendency to slide off with the slightest pressure.

I have not had any problems with my Pierce grips on my two 6 round mags. I like them a lot and am in the process of changing all my mags over to 6 rounders, all with Pierce grips.

Quote Originally Posted by Bagstrap View Post
    I use the 7 round mag as is. I have Pearce Grip extensions on all of my 6 round mags. No issues. Only thing I found was that the mag base lock provided by Pearce was a little thin and I got extra ones that you would find on the 7 round mag from Kahr. They are thicker and hold the grip in place better and tighter. With the thin base locks, the grip had a tendency to slide off with the slightest pressure.
    yep. search my posts and you will find my fix for this also

Quote Originally Posted by swrdply400mrelay View Post
    I read that some people had reliability issues when using the 7 round mags with the extension. Anyone know if there is the same issue using the Pearce extensions?

TIA
    From what I've read on this forum, the problem is the 7-round mags themselves, even without Pierce extensions. I have other problems with Pierce extensions. I had them on my 6-round mags for a while and had no reliability problems. My complaint was that when I fired the pistol, some finger skin would get pinched in the small gap between the Pierce extension and the bottom of the grip. Also, I found the extension made printing more likely. So no more Pierce extensions for me.

NRA Member

I have had no problems with the extensions on 6 round mags.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Bagstrap View Post

Where can you purchase the mag base lock for the 7 round mags?

no problems with mine -- nor the 7 round extended mags... try them yourself and good luck.
    ​O|||||||O

Quote Originally Posted by swrdply400mrelay View Post
    Where can you purchase the mag base lock for the 7 round mags?
    Directly from Kahr:http://www.kahr.com/Pistol-Parts/Kah...ck-7-round.asp