Xssights   CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun Shop   Mitch Rosen
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Revolver you own?

Currently my only revolver, though I have some flexibility...

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

The hated one is a hardly ever used a .38 S&W mod. 342 Titanium. Even with the modified wrap around grips I modified for it, it hurts to shoot. I haven't had anyone want to shoot more than 12 rounds through it, even reloads.
    I have a 342 PD Titanium Airweight that I have carried every day for 14 years. Mine sports the larger Crimson Trace grips. I love it - I shoot at least 25 rounds through it every week - Berry's 158gr FP with 4gr Win 231. I carry it with Federal 130gr HST +P - now they hurt to shoot, but they are very accurate in mine. I wish that I could find another one that I could afford - they have doubled in value since I bought mine...

Quote Originally Posted by 10mm Shooter View Post
    I have a 342 PD Titanium Airweight that I have carried every day for 14 years. Mine sports the larger Crimson Trace grips. I love it - I shoot at least 25 rounds through it every week - Berry's 158gr FP with 4gr Win 231. I carry it with Federal 130gr HST +P - now they hurt to shoot, but they are very accurate in mine. I wish that I could find another one that I could afford - they have doubled in value since I bought mine...
    LOL !
    Wife calls it the gun from hell. Both she and I have arthritic webs of our hands. I may have exaggerated about the limit of rounds willing to be fired by others then the wife, nieces, myself. but they all say OOCH ! My reloads are 158 cast swc with either 700X or WST, 231.
    I try not to shoot many reloads through it because of the notoriety of .38 cases splitting and possibly eroding the titanium cylinders.
    I think there was something written in the owner's manual about this

Quote Originally Posted by Raven312 View Post
    Currently my only revolver, though I have some flexibility...

I had that same pistol pack in an earlier life. One of the several I kick myself for ever parting with. Think I swapped it for a heavy barrel 03-A3 match rifle but can't be certain. Was long ago.

Sure was nice to be able to switch barrels.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    I had that same pistol pack in an earlier life. One of the several I kick myself for ever parting with. Think I swapped it for a heavy barrel 03-A3 match rifle but can't be certain. Was long ago.

Sure was nice to be able to switch barrels.
    I've had 4 Model 14s and 15s over the years and sold it traded them. This one stays and gets passed down.

Quote Originally Posted by Barth View Post
    What are those grips, and is it comfortable to shoot with them? I love my 640-3 but I can't really pick a "best."

I guess my very first revolver was my best........................S&W Model 19 stainless, 4" barrel............the wife's is nice also.....
    Attached Images Attached Images

I have similar grips on my 1963 nickel S&W Mod 36. My grips are way too slick and without "damp" hands, they can be hard to get a proper hold. I'm still wanting the old Tyler "T" grip to put on it.

jd

Edit to add ... I posted a couple minutes too late to tie this post to the post about Bart's black, shiny grips ....

It's not gun control that we need, it's soul control!

FYI,
    I made comfortable, easy to hold grips from these for my Titanium 342 and my mod 60
    It's real easy to figure out after you look at the inside of the original Uncle Mikes / Butler Creek grips.
    It gives a wraparound for the back strap and the front comes down low enough to protect you middle finger from getting banged up from recoil against the back of the trigger guard.

And for me it creates a natural point without having to cock my wrist

My S&W Model 60 Pro.