Magnum Research new   Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun Shop   CrossBreed Holsters

Thread: New CM9?

Default New CM9?

Anyone have look at one yet, shoot one, differences?
    Thanks.

A new CM9 is news to me, could you be more specific?
    Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

^^^ I had to go online to check too. It looks like they have some new models with different finishes and accessories. Is that what OP is asking about? It appears the actual gun is the same.

Curious.
    ​O|||||||O

I've only heard of the Gen 2 versions - http://www.kahr.com/GEN2-premium.asp

Quote Originally Posted by b4uqzme View Post
    ^^^ I had to go online to check too. It looks like they have some new models with different finishes and accessories. Is that what OP is asking about? It appears the actual gun is the same.

Curious.
    Yep, saw a write up & was wondering if anyone has handled one yet.
    I"ve modified my "regular" CM9 with non-skid on front & rear grip panels, Pearce grip extensions (ground down to fit me) on the mags, etc. Just curious about the "new one".

If the OP refers to the 2017 "TU3" packages, I bought & now carry a CM9 with gray Cerakote finish, 3-point sights, & slip on Pachmayr rubber grips. I replaced the original 6-round magazine w/ finger extension w/ standard 6-round mags w/ flat base plates plus some 7-rounders designed for the CM9. The Pachmayr grips are OK but inferior IMHO to Talons. They caused some aiming problems at first before I solved the problem.

I followed Kahr's maintenance recommendations & have had no problems firing the pistol w/ a variety of FMJ ammunition including Geco, CCI Blazer, Speer, Fiocchi, Federal, etc.; plus many SD rounds including Hornady Critical Duty/Defense, Speer Gold Dot, Federal HST, etc. from 100 to 147 grains.

The indicated Kahr thread shows premium Gen2 models, not including the CM series. I bought the CM9 for its ability to pocket carry but also for the smooth trigger & low cost. Generally, I avoid segmented triggers on all my firearms. The CM9 purchase was a first for me in several ways: first striker-fired, Cerakote, two-tone, smallest 9mm I own, first Kahr. I can recommend the new CM9 package to experienced shooters.

I'm carrying the Tungsten cerakote model with the 3 dot sites and pachmyer grips, I removed the grip and put a piece of inner tube on it until I get some talons, so far it has been 100% reliable with hard ball and hollow points, only issue I have is I'd like to be able to sling shot it without buying those lake line followers for my 3 mags at $20 a pop.

Quote Originally Posted by Decado View Post
    I'm carrying the Tungsten cerakote model with the 3 dot sites and pachmyer grips, I removed the grip and put a piece of inner tube on it until I get some talons, so far it has been 100% reliable with hard ball and hollow points, only issue I have is I'd like to be able to sling shot it without buying those lake line followers for my 3 mags at $20 a pop.
    I have a new cm9 and have not experienced any issues slingshoting it with both ball and Federal HSTs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro