CrossBreed Holsters   Xssights   Mitch Rosen   Crimsontrace
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PM 45 update

Angry PM 45 update

Got my gun back after 2.5 weeks at the mothership. They replaced the slide lock spring and the guide rod spring and did a function test. I had problems with failure to feed and a loose slide lock pin. Took her to the range today and shot 1 five round mag with 185gr golden sabers / no problem. Then I used Pmc fmj ammo from the range 230gr fmj with my six round mags 75 rounds fired with 2 FTF and 2FTE . At least 10 shells hit me in the forehead. I guess my gun doesn't like 230's. I'll carry my H&K P2000 until I 'll get this problem resolved and the gun becomes reliable. Any idea's? I don't like to send the gun back for every little thing. My gun is always spotless and the mags too, I polished the mag , so there are no sharp edges on the lips. Any advise what ammo works best for this gun (both jhp and fmj),thanks. I use the factory 5&6 round mags.Total rounds fired to date 376.I really love this gun and would like to carry it but I would like to remove all kinks and issues first to make the gun trustworthy. Any advice / experience will be gladly appreciated, thanks.

Mine will get me in the forehead every time I get the least bit lax in my grip.

Choke that bad boy and see if that helps any. It should eat 230's with ease. If it doesn't they need to take another look.

A lot happening in a small package. Try a really good solid grip first.

I'm sure they looked at the extractor when it was there but you want to check and see how it's holding the case too.

There's a thread here someplace that talks about taking the slide off and just slipping an empty case under the extractor to see how hard it holds it. A person can adjust the tension by shortening the length of the little follower in the extractor chain.

I'd definitely talk to Kahr before I went that route though. Try the simple things first. IE: Solid Grip.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Check out my threads when I was breaking in my PM45. I was dotted in the forehead continuously for the first hundred or so rounds. Once I held on to her better, and she broke in after about 150 rounds it all stopped. Shoot the hell out of it, run her wet with lube while breaking her in, and keep it clean...then enjoy shooting her. BAWANNA is right on the money.

Smile

Thanks for the advice! I'll go back for another 100 rds tomorrow, I'll take my goalie hockey helmet with me,lol!

"choke the bad boy""""???????????????? just sayin.
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Quote Originally Posted by jocko View Post
    "choke the bad boy""""???????????????? just sayin.
    Well I started to say choke that chicken but I figured you'd turn it into some devious perverted slang term of some kind.

I sometimes so disappoint myself.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

who me?????????

When out at Sturgis afew years back the wild burros that room in the wild buffalo area,room the roads alot and trust me when u see two burros going at it,l it makes u wanna go home and lock yourself in and never come out,But damn every female had a big smile on their face and I don't mean the burros either. Just sayin.
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Smile

My PM45 is female , what is your current round count without hickups of any kind?

Quote Originally Posted by Krusty View Post
    My PM45 is female , what is your current round count without hickups of any kind?
    I can only guess about 6 to 800 BUT as I said I still get a hot case in the kisser if I get the least bit sloppy.

I used to try real hard to keep round counts but shooting multiple guns and my sons shooting, I know how many rounds each trip but never exactly how many through each gun.

I know very first outing with the PM45 I shot 350 rounds in 1 sitting. I was a hog. I didn't balk except with my handloads which I discovered were just a tiny bit too long and didn't chamber properly.

I just know I'm gonna catch it for the hot case in the kisser line but bring it. I'm ready.

I don't know if mine is a girl or a boy, how do you tell? Do they make you know AC/DC ones.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

6-800 rounds sounds very impressive , I 'am gonna get her there eventually.I'll write another range report tomorrow after choking the hell out of it.