Mitch Rosen   Xssights   CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun

Thread: TractionGrips; gotta love 'em!

Default TractionGrips; gotta love 'em!

I'm pretty sure that I was not going to like the texture of the front and rear of the grip on my new CW45 when I fired it so I added some TractionGrips. These covered the "cheese graters" very nicely and gave it a very good feel.

If you wanna try them, buy not only the specific model but, also buy the universal set. The specific model is mainly just side panels and the universal set gives you a couple of nice, big strips to use on the front and rear.

At $7± each it' not too costly. I realize that there are allot of slip-on grips but, all of these add bulk and I'm not looking to do that.

If you have any questions just let me know.

I went to their website, but the fitted ones don't cover the cheese graters on the front or the back. I emailed them about it, but the guy said he doesn't find them uncomfortable when he shoots his Kahr, so he didn't try to cover them. I told him that, more than anything else, that is what I wanted them to do! I guess I could buy the fitted one and also get a universal kit and cut to fit like you did. Isn't it amazing how these Kahrs become shop projects for their owners? Wouldn't it be wonderful if someone in the company would start listening and fixing some of this stuff?
    Very interesting...

I guess I could have fired it first but, I think it woulda hurt a little. I intend to do at least 100 rounds if not the 200 at the range Sat. morning. I hope this keeps me from bleeding (whaa, whaa)!

At this point I must withhold judgement until I fire it and see if it even works. I have a Keltec PF9 and that's been a real project unto itself. Actually, I have allot more faith in this CW45 than the PF9, and for no reason.

Well, most people don't find that it bothers them, although if you are going to shoot 200 rounds, it might start being bothersome. But these Kahrs don't have as much kick as most light polymer pistols. I'm sure they will help with traction.
    Very interesting...