CrossBreed Holsters   Mitch Rosen   Kahr Shop   Crimsontrace

Thread: Is the PM9 upgrade worth it?

Default Is the PM9 upgrade worth it?

I have an older PM9 from 2008 and was given a price of $199.00 +$25 for shipping from Kahr for the upgrade package. This would be the newer slide, barrel, recoil spring and frame modification for the new barrel. I am trying to determine what benefits would the upgrade bring to the pistol?

Thanks

I didn't know they offered such a thing. The price is very reasonable considering the cost of a barrel which I think is around a 100 bucks and I'm sure the slide is just as much or more.
    That being said I don't think I'd do it unless your having issues. Many actually prefer the older model, blunt nose style.

I don't think that the upgrade package would provide any huge improvement. I of course could be missing something but I don't think I'd do it.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Question

^^^^ I’m not sure I understand. So they turn a beautiful blunt nose gun into a slant nose? What would be the benefit of that? If you do it, can I have the old parts?

Welcome BTW.
    ​O|||||||O

Given that thought, probably the smart thing to do if you prefer the new style would be to just sell the old one complete and just buy a new one.
    I'm sure you could probably still come in less than the 250 dollar difference and have a brand new gun if that is what you want.

Just put me on the list above b4uqzme. He'd probably get it anyhow, has to be richer than me if not Davy Crocket.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    I didn't know they offered such a thing. The price is very reasonable considering the cost of a barrel which I think is around a 100 bucks and I'm sure the slide is just as much or more.
    That being said I don't think I'd do it unless your having issues. Many actually prefer the older model, blunt nose style.

I don't think that the upgrade package would provide any huge improvement. I of course could be missing something but I don't think I'd do it.

I doubt if I will go that route, just being curious - thanks for the reply

Quote Originally Posted by b4uqzme View Post
    ^^^^ I’m not sure I understand. So they turn a beautiful blunt nose gun into a slant nose? What would be the benefit of that? If you do it, can I have the old parts?

Welcome BTW.
    I have had both, the slant and blunt nose and was rezally not sure if there was a difference. Thanks for reply and the welcome

My PM9 is 2010 vintage with blunt nose. I have not had problems with it and I think it looks better than the slant nose ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Sig_Man View Post
    I have had both, the slant and blunt nose and was rezally not sure if there was a difference. Thanks for reply and the welcome
    You are welcome. I remember back in the 1980s they would take a perfectly good Porsche 1911 and turn it into a butt-ugly slant nose model. That was silly too! Change for the sake of change I guess.

Blunt nose Kahrs are a premium to those of us who prefer they way they look. I hope you keep yours that way.
    ​O|||||||O

My PM9 is from 2010 and is what people call blunt nose. It works great, looks great, and I don't see a reason to change it unless parts/service were no longer available. My advice would be to enjoy it as is, rock on
    I reject your reality and substitute my own!
    this space for rent