CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun   Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Baby Desert Eagle iii and accessorising

Default Baby Desert Eagle iii and accessorising

Hi All,

My first post here and I joined the forum as I was struggling for info on accessorising the Baby Desert Eagle iii. I have been out of shooting for about 16 years and getting back into it again now I came across the gun and was instantly taken with it's beauty! The fact that it gets rave reviews helps too. I will be buying a 9mm gun for IPSC shooting. Whilst I will want a gun that works reliably and shoots well, the actual scoring and competition is secondary to enjoying myself and I think this gun will be perfect for me.

With all of my research however I haven't found options for sights or grips that are available as yet and wondered if anyone had any leads for info. A fiber optic front and rear would be excellent. Can anything out there be adapted to fit? What is involved in an adaption like this, re cutting dovetails? If so by what method does one figure out which sights to buy for the re cut dovetails anyway?

Would it make sense that a maker will come up with sights for this gun? Is it still too new to expect sights to be available?

If anyone has had any experience with this I would eagerly await your response.

Cheers, D.

Quote Originally Posted by Slotcar View Post
    A fiber optic front and rear would be excellent. Can anything out there be adapted to fit? What is involved in an adaption like this, re cutting dovetails?
    I'm not big on fiber optic sights, except maybe for a target/competion gun. For real defensive use... nix the fiber.

As for recut - if need be. Find a sight you like, then ask THEM about any recut. Many times, they'll offer the service at reasonable prices.

Yes it'll be a gun for IPSC/Action and general target shooting at the range. Here in New Zealand we have no need for defensive guns and aren't allowed them anyway. We can only use a pistol at a pistol range and only if we have the appropriate license which is difficult to acquire.

Im sorry for your bound freedom.

Welcome slotcar. I did some interweb searching for you and didn't come up with much. But you should probably check out the MRI website as they do list sights. I'm just not sure what fits your gun. You may also want to contact Dawson's here in the US. They might be able to point you in the right direction. https://dawsonprecision.com/dawson-p...-front-sights/

best of luck.
    ​O|||||||O

Yes it'll be a gun for IPSC/Action and general target shooting at the range. Here in New Zealand we have no need for defensive guns and aren't allowed them anyway. We can only use a pistol at a pistol range and only if we have the appropriate license which is difficult to acquire.
    "here in New Zealand we have no need for defensive guns"....................Why, do you use rocks? Bats?.......................England and Australia say that every day, and every day, people get killed. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

I'm sure just like here in the US, it's not Slotcar's idea, but somebody who's a somebody or thinks they are a somebody high up in government.

NOT HIS FAULT. Personally I got no issues using a bat or rocks if it comes down to it.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Here in New Zealand we have no need for defensive guns....

They got a Donk.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufDTDUPZrag

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    I'm sure just like here in the US, it's not Slotcar's idea, but somebody who's a somebody or thinks they are a somebody high up in government.

NOT HIS FAULT. Personally I got no issues using a bat or rocks if it comes down to it.
    HE said that he has no need................I'm sure that YOU would go along with those rules, wouldn't you. Thought it was quite a foolish statement. If you can tell me ONE place where a defensive firearm is NOT needed, I'll digress.

I am not sure exactly what you're looking for, but you can try Jet.com, or Trijicon sights. Magnum Research says that all sights need fitting by a gunsmith, and any sights installed by anyone other than them voids the warranty.