Crimsontrace   Magnum Research new   CrossBreed Holsters   Mitch Rosen

Thread: Got RGR?

Default Got RGR?

http://www.ruger.com/corporate/news/2012-03-21.html

"Despite the Company's continuing successful efforts to increase production rates, the incoming order rate exceeds our capacity to rapidly fulfill these orders. Consequently, the Company has temporarily suspended the acceptance of new orders."

Pete

I guess that they are making good progress on their "Million Gun Challenge".

I received an email yesterday that they are running their SR1911 production in Prescott 3 shifts, 6 days a week and are still not catching up.
    Might be awhile before I have one to call my own.

They say the scout rifle is the most popular rifle in Ruger history, guess that figures too. Wanted one of those too.

Maybe I need to change my list to guns I DO NOT WANT.

Hmm

1. Well I'll think of something......................................... .
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Bawanna, unless you're really stuck on an SR1911, STI makes a 5" Spartan model 1911 that is supposed to be one of the best buy's opn a 1911 under $800 according to a lot of folks, plus the waiting period is only 6 - 8 weeks from what I hear from a friend that just ordered one. It's blue though, not stainless. It does have a front fiber optic sight and fully adjustable rear if you like those.
    Tom
    Live today, tomorrow may not come!
    Boberg XR9S
    Kahr CW40
    Springfield Armory 1911
    Dan Wesson Revolver

HY*NDAI is to cars, what Caracal, Hi-Point, and Jennings is to handguns. The cars may or may not run ok, but the corporation SUCKS.

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    I received an email yesterday that they are running their SR1911 production in Prescott 3 shifts, 6 days a week and are still not catching up.
    Might be awhile before I have one to call my own.

They say the scout rifle is the most popular rifle in Ruger history, guess that figures too. Wanted one of those too.

Maybe I need to change my list to guns I DO NOT WANT.

Hmm

1. Well I'll think of something......................................... .
    Bawanna, did you follow my suggestion to get someone to call on the phone for you instead of waiting for an email response on that one in TN?
    Very interesting...

Quote Originally Posted by JFootin View Post
    Bawanna, did you follow my suggestion to get someone to call on the phone for you instead of waiting for an email response on that one in TN?
    I did indeed, in fact ChipD took it to the next level and went there in person. The other fella (my memory sucks) did the same in Tennessee, no love there either.

This isn't an urgent deal, just a severe want I can't explain. Like thetmanski said there are tons of decent 1911's and I want em all.

I held a Remington the other day that just begged to come home with me and it was sweet. They are supposedly coming out with a stainless too.

I've found I'm ok with either blue or stainless, in fact darned if Jeepster isn't messing with my mind and making me tolerate green and other colors too.

I think the mentioned STI was in the case when I saw that Remington but I didn't hold it. Might have to go back, don't know why though, Wyn didn't win so no money coming to this trailer trash gun junky.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Bawanna: I just noticed the addition to your signature

"Due to the substantial increase in ammo cost you can no longer expect a warning shot!"

Now that's a good one.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Quote Originally Posted by yqtszhj View Post
    Bawanna: I just noticed the addition to your signature

"Due to the substantial increase in ammo cost you can no longer expect a warning shot!"

Now that's a good one.
    I saw that line someplace and stole it. I'm kind of ashamed of myself really but liked it.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    I did indeed, in fact ChipD took it to the next level and went there in person. The other fella (my memory sucks) did the same in Tennessee, no love there either.

This isn't an urgent deal, just a severe want I can't explain. Like thetmanski said there are tons of decent 1911's and I want em all.

I held a Remington the other day that just begged to come home with me and it was sweet. They are supposedly coming out with a stainless too.

I've found I'm ok with either blue or stainless, in fact darned if Jeepster isn't messing with my mind and making me tolerate green and other colors too.

I think the mentioned STI was in the case when I saw that Remington but I didn't hold it. Might have to go back, don't know why though, Wyn didn't win so no money coming to this trailer trash gun junky.
    Well, I was just feeling your frustration. Talk about colors, look at this page and get lost for an hour or so: http://www.ahlmans.com/duracoat.html!
    Very interesting...