Tommy Gun   Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun Shop   Crimsontrace
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CZ Question

Default CZ Question

I know we have a bunch of CZ fans around here, I'm one too but haven't fondled many.

We got a supposedly special offer here at the department.

A CZ75 P07 or P09 for 419 bucks.
    Price seems decent looking around.

Anybody with first hand experience with either of these puppies?

Chief was looking at the Scorpion which they also offered. I think he's thinking of saddle bag guns for the motorcycles.................I'm not on board with saddle bag guns or motorcycles so no matter to me.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Son has owned a P07 since 2010. It's quite accurate and the ergonomics are good. As far as I know he has never had any issues with it. I think CZ made some upgrades to the P07 a couple years ago. The only thing I don't like about them is the shallow slide. I like a little more surface area to grab on to when racking. Never shot a P09, but if capacity is what one wants I think that thing holds 21+1 with factory extended mag. The price sounds pretty good. Is your department considering switching from the Glocks?

I had a P07. It did everything it was supposed to, but I just never warmed up to it. Sold it, a SIG P2022, and a small frame EAA Witness (all in 9mm) to finance something else.The only one of those three I miss sometimes is the Witness.
    Now that I think about it, the P07 is the only CZ product I've owned that I've sold. Thinking some more, I disliked the shape and feel of the decocking lever on the P07, plus
    there's small cam on it that made reassembly frustrating the first time I tried it: http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=56947.0

Bottom line for me, it works, but I'd save some more pennies and pick up something with a 75 in the name.

Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

I've not shot either but when I dry fired them in the Gun Store I didn't like the trigger.

Are you talking about the CZ Scorpion Evo carbine or a SBR?

Quote Originally Posted by GLOCKROCKER View Post
    Son has owned a P07 since 2010. It's quite accurate and the ergonomics are good. As far as I know he has never had any issues with it. I think CZ made some upgrades to the P07 a couple years ago. The only thing I don't like about them is the shallow slide. I like a little more surface area to grab on to when racking. Never shot a P09, but if capacity is what one wants I think that thing holds 21+1 with factory extended mag. The price sounds pretty good. Is your department considering switching from the Glocks?
    No they won't switch. Chief was mostly interested in the Scorpion the P07 and P09 were also available.
    The big thing now is several want to go to the MOS optical sights. One guy started it as his eye sight is degrading.
    Because of impatience they want to go back to 9's for the MOS's. G17's. I throw up a little bit in my mouth thinking about it.
    The guys are frantically seeking my endorsement even though it means absolutely nothing but I'm not giving it.

I don't need no scope or optics on my pistol and they don't either.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

That is a good price. Around here it's about $500 to get one out the door whether you order it online and do a transfer, or just buy one and pay tax on it.

I have both the P-07 gen 2 and P-09. Bought the P-09 first (traded a g30s for it) and have 200 rounds through it. Bought the P-07 next and Love it. I have 400 rounds through it. The P-07 has a OK DA rrigger pull that has smoothed out nice. The SA is to die for. It's light and smooth. It is a tack driver. I'm going to carry it eventually.

The P-09 wasn't as nice at first. The DA was about the same but the SA pull had kind of a gritty feel. After I got the P-07 and it was so nice I decided to work on the P-09 SA. There was a little burr on the sear that I smoothed with some 1500 grit then 2000 grit and it's sweet now too. Plan on maybe shooting it tomorrow.

Greg is right (as always in a good way) that the P-07 and 9 decocker is not the best, but if you like a safety only instead of the decocker you can swap it out. I kept the decocker on and can live with it. Now if you get a CZ75 PCR for about $100 more it's alloy frame and weighs about exactly the same as a P-07 i believe. My Tristar C-100 is basically a CZ75 PCR clone. I carry it daily.

One note, I read on the internet the .40 P-07's had issues in the past. Not sure if they still do or not.

Funny side story. Bought the P-07 and liked it so I sold a G19 gen 4 to pay for it. Well I was actually going to buy a couple of cases of ammo but I didnt tell the wife that part. So she knew I sold it and she always said I needed a Sig. So the LGS had a few CPO Sig P226's. Well I told her and she wanted to see one. Well, there went my ammo money. A Sig P226 came home with us after she saw it. Now I got to come up with ammo money.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Colonel,

I've had a P07 .40 for a long time. I love it. It's a working gun and I think that's what I like best about it. But like Greg says it's not a gun that will likely sing to you. The steel and alloy guns look and feel better. You've been aching for a CZ for a long time and this might not be it.

Yet the P07 shoots great. I like the trigger. Mine was smoother out of the box vs. other CZ's I've encountered. The DA is pretty heavy but smooth. And the SA is nice. I think that you can switch from decocker to safety mode is a valuable feature. I prefer decocker. Also this is one of the guns I've owned that I can truthfully say has NEVER had any kind of failure with any kind of ammo. It will shoot cheap stuff all day long.

FYI: the upgrades they did a couple years ago were cosmetic: rounded corners and such.

I think your officers will be happy with it as long as they like the looks. Same for you if you go for it's utilitarian nature.
    ​O|||||||O

One other thing about the metal frame CZ's is you can swap the grips. I know someone who is pretty good at making nice wood grips. You probably know them too...
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

All good points indeed and the desire has faded into obscurity regardless of the price.

The CZ desire is still strong.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

No contact yet with CZ 75 P07 or P09 yet, but I like mine 75 D PCR. Just ordered new sights, the stock are too small for my aging eyes. Btw the front will be 1.5mm red fiber optic and the rear is just plain combat. Hope I like them.