Crimsontrace   Mitch Rosen   Xssights   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Revolver guys: finally got my Andrews Leather "Slim Loader" pouch.

Quote Originally Posted by boscobarbell View Post
    Who sells those?
    I'm researching, I want a couple too, I'll get back to ya iffen I find em.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Made by Zeta Industries, available at Brownells. 8.99.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Thank you sir, I'm going to check those out.

https://zetasix.com/

bos....pretty neat that you are warming back up to a revolver.

Last summer, when I was forced to draw on an attacker, after the police cleared the scene, the eldest officer stuck around and we talked guns. He said "you carry what I carry for backup!" Along with "gosh I miss carrying a revolver....if I had it my way we'd each carry what we wanted." He said he started with the department carrying a 6 inch barreled revolver....I forgot to ask what kind but I assume a S&W 19 or 66.

**PROMISED SLIM LOADER POUCH CARRY REVIEW**

It's decently comfortable to wear but I did notice it being there with the seatbelt on. It only become a bit uncomfortable when I squatted down to pick up brass at the indoor range. That may go away as I loose more weight. No one asked about it or seemed to notice but I had an unzipped jacket on which may have hid it and I really didn't go anywhere with a lot of people. Testing will continue.

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    Also check these out.

https://quickloadspeedloader.com/

Just bought a couple. See from another forum they work quite well. thanks for the info. $9.99 and $3.00 flat rate shipping from the Website.

For anyone interested in revolvers this website is pretty good.
    https://revolverguy.com/

Quote Originally Posted by markman View Post
    For anyone interested in revolvers this website is pretty good.
    https://revolverguy.com/
    That's a very neat website.

I have used the New York Reload for years and for the same reason: the revolver is a slow reload and where do I keep that reload on the belt? Like the website author, my pockets are all taken up by other things.

I typically do the NYR if I am working a job that won't allow a visible reload pouch on the belt or if I will be seated a long time. My NYR is a second J-frame on the ankle. I adopted it when I worked nights at a Stop & Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by boscobarbell View Post
    I'm having a sort of personal renaissance myself wrt to revolvers. After trying every micro out there, and ending up with a few very good ones, I took my old 642 out to the range for the first time in many years. I had carried it as a BUG/light-duty gun for a decade or more, but had put it in the safe, untouched, for years when I became enamored with the micro .380s. But after worrying about magazines and ammo compatibility and proper lubrication and all the other things that trip up the little semis, the revolver was a breath of fresh air. And I have come to appreciate the old world engineering and solid builds of the little J-frames. I also find that shooting them well brings me the same sort of satisfaction as putting a sports car through its gears at speed...the mechanical connection and practiced precision is intoxicating.

Shortly thereafter, I bought an M&P 340, in part because I like the Big Dot sight, and in part because I figured that I should pack .357 if I was only going to have 5 rounds on tap. And then I shot it....ouch!!!!

Now I'm on a quest to find a lower-horsepower .357, because I just don't feel that the recoil/muzzle rise makes follow-up shots tactically feasible.

Barring that, I've considered the new Taurus 856, which brings me back to .38 but at least gives me 6 rounds vice 5.

And, of course, there is the Kimber K6S, which I have lusted over for quite a while. What a beauty!!

So I've got some decisions to make, but I definitely see a evolver in my EDC rotation at some point very soon.
    I'm with you on all counts. I carry this now with 5 rds. of .357 and no extras. I just came back to the simplicity of operation and cleaning and so many ammo options. It's very comfortable carried in my JIT holster OWB high and tight. Riding in the car, bending over, and general carry is very comfortable. Makes life just a bit less complicated. Sometimes I carry something with a bit more capacity, depends on where I am going, but the revolver is my main squeeze.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Awesome. Thanks!!