Kahr Shop   Crimsontrace   CrossBreed Holsters   Magnum Research new
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Unicorn Gun

I had a buddy (TechSGT) and he had a Hardball Longslide in 45acp. That was the balkiest, jam-happy 1911 I ever shot. Blood thirsty too, hammer bit every other person that ever shot it except me. At the range it was often passed to me as I could keep it shooting, most days.
    I Loved it.
    Billy told me that I could take it to the range on one sunny summer day, but I'd have to bring it back cleaned (no big deal). I had 200 rounds of "war surplus" Vietnam era mil ball. I had the old girl lubed right and had the most perfect day of shooting ever. Later I took that Longslide all the way down, cleaned it perfect and returned it proudly to it's owner.
    It looked so good, he sold it!
    The only time I have fired the 10mm was a single mag full at the 50yrd Gong through a borrowed gun. Hit 6 out of 8 times that day and have wanted one ever since.
    NOT a carry gun except in a shoulder holster and even that way would be tough.
    But still, we all have that one style of firearm that brings on the smile every time, practical or not. Figure that's what this thread was all about.
    I was once asked if I was "a paranoid for carrying my Kahr".
    "Nope" I said, "just prepared".
    " prepared for what" he asked?
    "more stuff than you are"
    God Bless our Troups!

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    My kick stand just flipped out and my britches are sticking out in front.

Always had a special place for long slides in my heart, never owned one, held a few, wanted them all. Nothing new here.
    I've always had a thing for long slides too.
    I know it's technically not a long slide, but it's close enough for me.

Quote Originally Posted by mr surveyor View Post
    I would certainly jump on a MK45 ... if I knew it was properly designed and 99.999% reliable.
    My MK40 has been flawless.
    Although 3.0" 45s are notorious for being unreliable.
    I'd be happy with a 3.5" MK45 covert model.
    Or even a 4.0" K40 Elite will work - if that's what it takes for 100% reliable function.

Quote Originally Posted by Barth View Post
    My MK40 has been flawless.
    Although 3.0" 45s are notorious for being unreliable.
    I'd be happy with a 3.5" MK45 covert model.
    Or even a 4.0" K40 Elite will work - if that's what it takes for 100% reliable function.
    My 3.3 inch XDs is sweet. Mine has been flawless. Shoots dead straight too and the fiber optic sights and trigger are good. Very compact.

If I ever see a CM45 Kahr I may have to do something with that too.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

I picked this one up a couple of years ago. I too just liked the look of the long slide, and hadn't seen anyone have one in person. I'm a fan of case hardening also.

Default Re: Unicorn Gun

Britches. Standing. Front. Yeah we know uncle B.
    "I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend."
    (J.R.R.Tolkien, The Two Towers)

I was able to get one of my "unicorn" guns, a pristine Dan Wesson Pistol Pack in .357.

I would like to aquire Sgt. Yorks P-17 he captured all those Germans with, or Audie Murphy's M1 Garand. Something with some history behind it.
    Tom
    Live today, tomorrow may not come!
    Boberg XR9S
    Kahr CW40
    Springfield Armory 1911
    Dan Wesson Revolver

HY*NDAI is to cars, what Caracal, Hi-Point, and Jennings is to handguns. The cars may or may not run ok, but the corporation SUCKS.

Quote Originally Posted by willwork4guns View Post
    I picked this one up a couple of years ago. I too just liked the look of the long slide, and hadn't seen anyone have one in person. I'm a fan of case hardening also.

That is drop dead gorgeous. I really dig color case hardening. I held one of those once, so nice looking I really didn't even care if it shot, nice to look at.
    The things that fill our hearts with joy, case hardening, long slides, stag, 1911's, big knockers.........happy, happy, happy.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

My Unicorn Gun is the Cabot Southpaw.

Very interesting...

It's a really nice shooting gun, the only other 1911 I have to compare it to is my RIA tactical in .45. Which is a nice gun and has never had any issues, but the trail boss is obviously much smoother.