Tommy Gun   Mitch Rosen   Kahr Shop   Crimsontrace
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Unicorn Gun

Quote Originally Posted by JustinN View Post
    I got a Henry catalogue. They seem like a pretty solid company. I don't like the reload style for a centerfire gun, but I'm looking really really heavily at the Varmint Express in .17 HMR - http://henryrepeating.com/rifle-varmint-express.cfm
    I just saw an ad in Guns & Ammo for the Rossi Rio Grande lever action guns i bigger calibers. It loads through a door in the right side of the receiver.
    Very interesting...

all rossi lever guns have standard loading gates

It's not gun control that we need, it's soul control!

An unissued Pistole Parabellum 1908 (Luger) manufactured by Deutsche Waffen und Munitionsfabriken without any Naz! markings on it.
    Tom
    Live today, tomorrow may not come!
    Boberg XR9S
    Kahr CW40
    Springfield Armory 1911
    Dan Wesson Revolver

HY*NDAI is to cars, what Caracal, Hi-Point, and Jennings is to handguns. The cars may or may not run ok, but the corporation SUCKS.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTman View Post
    An unissued Pistole Parabellum 1908 (Luger) manufactured by Deutsche Waffen und Munitionsfabriken without any Naz! markings on it.

Wow! someone expects to hit the Lotto...
    I was once asked if I was "a paranoid for carrying my Kahr".
    "Nope" I said, "just prepared".
    " prepared for what" he asked?
    "more stuff than you are"
    God Bless our Troups!

Quote Originally Posted by Planedude View Post
    Wow! someone expects to hit the Lotto...
    A perfect example of a Unicorn Gun.

Quote Originally Posted by JFootin View Post
    I just saw an ad in Guns & Ammo for the Rossi Rio Grande lever action guns i bigger calibers. It loads through a door in the right side of the receiver.
    That's my problem, I always forget about Rossi. That 45-70 Rio Grande looks really nice. I like that it comes with a rail on the top of the gun. UGH! I'll be adding this one to the top of my list. I'm starting to feel like Bawanna with this list that is pages and pages long of guns. The worst part is, I can't actually put the Rio Grande at the top as I have a complete AR lower sitting in my gun cabinet with no upper...so that needs to be #1. Then I can worry about the rifles.

Bawanna, does your son like the Henry 17? Would you recommend getting one, or going with a savage bolt action if I wanted a 17?

Quote Originally Posted by JustinN View Post
    That's my problem, I always forget about Rossi. That 45-70 Rio Grande looks really nice. I like that it comes with a rail on the top of the gun. UGH! I'll be adding this one to the top of my list. I'm starting to feel like Bawanna with this list that is pages and pages long of guns. The worst part is, I can't actually put the Rio Grande at the top as I have a complete AR lower sitting in my gun cabinet with no upper...so that needs to be #1. Then I can worry about the rifles.

Bawanna, does your son like the Henry 17? Would you recommend getting one, or going with a savage bolt action if I wanted a 17?
    Yes we both like it, that being said I have the Savage Bolt in 17HMR and for that round with it's potential for accuracy a scope is a big plus, so I much prefer the Savage bolt. Putting a scope on a lever gun should be a cardinal sin if it isn't already.

If I was to go another Henry I'd probably go another caliber, 22 or something.

The lever is plenty accurate and it's fun to shoot but the bolt to me anyhow is just a better fit for that caliber.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Default Ruger 77/17

That looks nice.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

I like the Ruger, but they are proud of their rifle...quite a bit more so than a lot of the other 17s I've looked at.