Kahr Shop   Mitch Rosen   CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Off Leash Dogs

S&W governor is built on an "N" frame. Kinda tough to conceal.
    CM9
    K40
    Looking for the elusive T9

Quote Originally Posted by Popeye View Post
    Bought the wife one of these today. She personally will not carry a gun. (I wish she would) but this should be the next best thing. I like the fact that it can spray a pretty good distance and is less effected by wind do to it's 90 mph blast. This she said she would carry. I feel a little better.
    Good Deal!! My 2 girls (wife and 20 yo daughter) both carry them and I got one for my 83 yo dad. It's not a gun, but baby steps, baby steps.

Sold all my guns. I dislike firearms.
    NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    That notch in the rail is supposed to be there

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
    --Thomas Jefferson (1764).

Yea two shots is what ya get but at least goes where it's aimed and not blowing back in your own face. It is a little pricey but then again if it saves the wifes life it's pretty cheap. Kind of like me I could have bought a KT PF9 but went with the Kahr PM9 because I kind of figured it would do a better job when I needed it. Price didn't seem to matter then when I wanted a good gun, can't see any reason why it should matter now.

I also noticed there was not as many on the rack as there was last week when I was in there. Seems like there are quite a few guys buying them for there sweety. Talked to the GS owner he did say he sells quite a few of them in a month. Like Tinman says baby steps. If she did end up wanting a gun she'd have my EDC PM9 in a heartbeat. I could make do with carrying my G26 if need be without much problem.
    To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target.

SHOOT STRAIGHT, RIDE SAFE

x however many we're up to by now on the Kimber Pepper Blaster. Only pricey when compared to common, cheap pepper spray. Inexpensive enough compared to the pita aftermath of using a firearm in a populated/urban area.

That's a good topic to pursue. How DOES law enforcement react to people using pepper spray against each other? I mean, we know how they reacted to that dude in the superhero outfit in downtown Seattle, but he had it coming.
    http://www.seattlepi.com/local/artic...es-2210657.php

But seriously, if some jack-hole gets all up in my face because I asked him not to breathe down my neck while I'm using the ATM, and I hit him with pepper spray, and someone calls the cops, what's going to happen next?

I'm past the 50% mark with talking my wife into getting her LTCF and maybe carrying. She enjoys shooting but she's still afraid of carrying. she hates my CM9. She's held a few revolvers and seems to be headed that direction.

My daughter is another whole story. I want her to get her LTCF and begin carrying as soon as she turns 21. Almost exactly the same day she'll be moving to main campus of Penn State to finish her degree. She LOVES my CM9 and shoots it very well. So I may be losing my lil friend. Just means maybe old dad will have to find the K9 Elite he's been lusting after.

Sold all my guns. I dislike firearms.
    NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    That notch in the rail is supposed to be there

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
    --Thomas Jefferson (1764).

Quote Originally Posted by jocko View Post
    well that is good to know. have u tested a 9mm square on a dogs nose to see if it doesn't effect him either. Just sayin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoundrel View Post
    9mm is too weak. You need at least a 40 for a large dog. Better to use a 45 if you have one.
    I think a Judge or Governor would do the trick! :53:
    Very interesting...

I'll be the first on here the admit that I do have a dog that you wouldn't want coming after you off leash. He is a pound rescue we got at the ripe old age of 10 weeks and was raised to not trust strangers.

He learned well.

He has always been fenced and/or in the house. We can't have company over with him in the house. He has bitten one person, a little 10 year old girl, our neighbor, who came into the house without my wife or myself around. Spent 10 days in the pokie for that. The dog, not me.

Funny thing is, he has gotten out of the back yard a couple of times, along with the other two dogs (one being a German Shepard). The few times he go out we got him back before he came across anyone in the neighborhood. The one time we didin't we found him in a neighbor's back yard, with the lady of the house giving him treats.

She knew we kept our dogs fenced up and called him over. I was more than shocked and/or amazed she was still alive. I've come to the conclusion that he will protect to the death his family and his property. If he is on a leash (which he is every time we take him for a walk) please don't try to approach us. Don't come on our property unless we know before hand and can put him in a room or out back.

Truly, he is the best I could have wanted to protect my wife when I was out at sea over the years. He doesn't like people but he loves other dogs.

And I would never blame anyone for putting a bullet in him if he had came after them when he got out. I know what kind of dog I have and I take every precaution to keep him for the general public.

Yes, I do love my mutt. More so than my kids.

Quote Originally Posted by AJBert View Post
    I'll be the first on here the admit that I do have a dog that you wouldn't want coming after you off leash. He is a pound rescue we got at the ripe old age of 10 weeks and was raised to not trust strangers.

He learned well.

He has always been fenced and/or in the house. We can't have company over with him in the house. He has bitten one person, a little 10 year old girl, our neighbor, who came into the house without my wife or myself around. Spent 10 days in the pokie for that. The dog, not me.

Funny thing is, he has gotten out of the back yard a couple of times, along with the other two dogs (one being a German Shepard). The few times he go out we got him back before he came across anyone in the neighborhood. The one time we didin't we found him in a neighbor's back yard, with the lady of the house giving him treats.

She knew we kept our dogs fenced up and called him over. I was more than shocked and/or amazed she was still alive. I've come to the conclusion that he will protect to the death his family and his property. If he is on a leash (which he is every time we take him for a walk) please don't try to approach us. Don't come on our property unless we know before hand and can put him in a room or out back.

Truly, he is the best I could have wanted to protect my wife when I was out at sea over the years. He doesn't like people but he loves other dogs.

And I would never blame anyone for putting a bullet in him if he had came after them when he got out. I know what kind of dog I have and I take every precaution to keep him for the general public.

What if he gets out and comes after a child without a gun? Can you live with that?

Quote Originally Posted by AJBert View Post

He learned well.

You've admitted here that he gets out at times, how dangerous he is and how he has already bitten a child. If you are going to be a responsible citizen and a good neighbor, you need to take that dog to the pound. Otherwise, you are part of the problem, not the solution. And next time he bites someone, you should go to jail.
    Very interesting...