Kahr Shop   Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun   Magnum Research new
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: US Concealed Carry Assoc./ ACLDN

Default US Concealed Carry Assoc./ ACLDN

I realize that if I needed to defend my life and I use a gun to do it, even if legally carried- life changes. So I'm looking to read up on case studies of use of deadly force, and real-life info on carrying concealed. I have read about USCCA and their membership. They apparently have info on their site and a magazine that has good info. Also they have something called
    "Self-Defense SHIELD Protection" that offers some kind of legal help if you have to use your gun in a defense situation.

So, on the one hand- if you think you are going to die at the hands of someone else- it really doesn't matter what happens afterwards- you're alive. On the other hand- in today's litigious society any number of things could happen that could be disastrous to the intended victim, and expensive.

Does anyone have any thoughts on USCCA and has anyone used the "Shield" in defense of a case? (https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/membership/)

I've also seen the Armed Citizens' Legal Defense Network, Inc. (http://armedcitizensnetwork.org/) and I'm looking for feedback for them as well.

Thanks

I've been a USCCA member for a number of years. I really do enjoy and feel I get a lot out of the magazine. The member site isn't bad but pretty much everything there can be found elsewhere on other sites. I hate the email sale pitches of one thing or another, a big negative which may lead to letting my membership expire.

As to the "Defense Shield" offering I resisted the last 5-6 "last chance" emails gotten over the past two days. A "clean shoot" and you might not even need a lawyer (I didn't need one but got one anyway); a not so clean shoot could cost you everything you own.
    "I hate quotations. Tell me what you know."
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by sco View Post

I've also seen the Armed Citizens' Legal Defense Network, Inc. (http://armedcitizensnetwork.org/) and I'm looking for feedback for them as well.
    I have had this organization recommended through an attorney that I have taken some training from. I am thinking I will join for at least a year and see what I think. It seems to me you need some kind of a plan, someone to call if you have to use your CCW for its intended purpose and find yourself in handcuffs. Massad Ayoob is also on their advisory board, so that adds to its credibility in my eyes.

Interested in others' thoughts on this and other such organizations. Thanks for bringing it up.

I realize that if I needed to defend my life and I use a gun to do it, even if legally carried- life changes. So I'm looking to read up on case studies of use of deadly force, and real-life info on carrying concealed. I have read about USCCA and their membership. They apparently have info on their site and a magazine that has good info. Also they have something called
    "Self-Defense SHIELD Protection" that offers some kind of legal help if you have to use your gun in a defense situation.

So, on the one hand- if you think you are going to die at the hands of someone else- it really doesn't matter what happens afterwards- you're alive. On the other hand- in today's litigious society any number of things could happen that could be disastrous to the intended victim, and expensive.

Does anyone have any thoughts on USCCA and has anyone used the "Shield" in defense of a case? (https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/membership/)

Thanks

This is exactly what I've been asking about.
    In my area, there is a group (of defensive lawyers?) that charge $99 a year and they claim that they will defend you in case there is a shooting.

Here are the things:
    1) we all know that good lawyers charge about $300++/hr
    2) in case we go to trial, it can be endless hours

And for $99/yr, they offer all that for FREE? I doubt it.
    Similar deal to prepaid legal, you will get what you pay for.

I just wonder if anyone know a real-case senario about this kinda of group.

I haven't joined anything yet. I'd love to find a CCW-friendly attorney in NC and buy an hour to ask a bunch of questions.

I haven't joined anything yet. I'd love to find a CCW-friendly attorney in NC and buy an hour to ask a bunch of questions.
    Friday night Happy Hour... local tavern.... 4 or 5 Manhattans... you're good to go for the next hour.
    LaP

I have no fear of perfection... I'll never reach it.

I've been a member of the USCCA for a couple of years. I decided to go ahead and buy the mid level of the Defense Shield. Thankfully I've not had to use it. It does bring some piece of mind knowing that If I have to defend myself and get sued or prosecuted that I'll have money to cover a defense attorney. I'm still in the process of finding an attorney to put on retainer for a firearms related incident.
    Tom
    Live today, tomorrow may not come!
    Boberg XR9S
    Kahr CW40
    Springfield Armory 1911
    Dan Wesson Revolver

HY*NDAI is to cars, what Caracal, Hi-Point, and Jennings is to handguns. The cars may or may not run ok, but the corporation SUCKS.

Quote Originally Posted by kahrlover123 View Post
    This is exactly what I've been asking about.
    In my area, there is a group (of defensive lawyers?) that charge $99 a year and they claim that they will defend you in case there is a shooting.

Here are the things:
    1) we all know that good lawyers charge about $300++/hr
    2) in case we go to trial, it can be endless hours

And for $99/yr, they offer all that for FREE? I doubt it.
    Similar deal to prepaid legal, you will get what you pay for.

I just wonder if anyone know a real-case senario about this kinda of group.
    I got no first hand input on this but I know that a group of attorneys would be counting on 1000's of people paying $99 dollars a year knowing full well that they most likely won't have to defend any. Same way any insurance works. If they do have to work and aren't making wages they just add fine print to recoup any loss.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Rainman48314 Guest

Thanks

I joined in June and bought the Gold /mid level Defense Shield. Seems like a good value. They will send tons on email spam to you. The only place worse for spam is FrontSight