Tommy Gun   Xssights   Crimsontrace   Mitch Rosen
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: A little scenario question

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    You'll be the first person I call. Always wanted to check out those flash bangs but I get weird looks????
    You'll really get some wierd looks if you're wearing one mowing your yard, maybe more than just being naked.... just sayin.

Of course if you go down to Seattle it may just fit right in, thats what I hear from my relatives out there anyway.

I want to see the look on the bad persons face after they're looking down the barrel of a gun just pulled from a flash bang. I bet its priceless.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Seattle is a weird place and getting weirder everyday. Hope your relatives are outside the city someplace.
    Our little town is scary enough, Seattle is a jungle.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by ltxi View Post
    Okay, Col...That there, In my younger days I took my gun in the shower in two zip lock bags....., is just seriously weird. Especially for us paranoids. What the hell good wud it do you? Ever try to draw from a zip lock bag??

Interesting you should bring up carry in a hospital. Unless I'm a patient, or even then dependings, I've never thought twice about doing that.
    LOL at gun in the shower in ziploc bags, that almost made me spit my coffee out.

I have the fortune/misfortune of working in a gun free zone aka hospital. I think that if I ran my own practice I would carry at work, hell maybe if I was even on regular medicine floors I might pocket one sometimes especially if I was in the ER, but alas I am a psychiatrist so guns are extremely forbidden on our unit and can be very dangerous if a patient were to get a hold of one. So the gun stays in the car at work.
    Kahr MK9, Kahr CW9, Kahr P380, Kel-Tec P-3AT, Glock 17, Remington RM380, Sarsilmaz B6PC

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use."

Exactly my point, what if one of your nut cases gets somebody elses gun, knife, office chair. you baa like a sheep and let us read about you in the paper as a victim.
    Glad you shared your profession, I'll try to refrain from my psychiatrist comments and focus on lawyers.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Seattle is a weird place and getting weirder everyday. Hope your relatives are outside the city someplace.
    Our little town is scary enough, Seattle is a jungle.
    Yeah, good for them they live in Snoqualmie but they tell me there are some neighbors who must eat Fruit Loops for breakfast daily.

Back on gun topic, got the notice that the CZ 75 SP-01 I ordered is inbound. It may fit in our scenario role in the future. May decide to sell something to pay for it but all my low cap pistols that I dont shoot or carry have been sold so any sell may be regrettable. Darn CZ's are habit forming.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Visit here:

Exactly my point, what if one of your nut cases gets somebody elses gun, knife, office chair. you baa like a sheep and let us read about you in the paper as a victim.
    Glad you shared your profession, I'll try to refrain from my psychiatrist comments and focus on lawyers.
    Bawanna you can still make psychiatrist jokes, I have a thick skin. The funny thing is that most of the sterotypes are true. It is by far the most liberal medical specialty but I'm just crazy enough to get along with my patients.

Things on a psych unit are pretty tight. Even LEOs have to remove all their weapons before stepping inside the locked unit. The most dangerous object patients can get is a plastic fork. I've been hit a few times by some seriously ill people but I knew what I signed up for.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
    Kahr MK9, Kahr CW9, Kahr P380, Kel-Tec P-3AT, Glock 17, Remington RM380, Sarsilmaz B6PC

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use."

Quote Originally Posted by JethrosDad View Post
    Bawanna you can still make psychiatrist jokes, I have a thick skin. The funny thing is that most of the sterotypes are true. It is by far the most liberal medical specialty but I'm just crazy enough to get along with my patients.

Things on a psych unit are pretty tight. Even LEOs have to remove all their weapons before stepping inside the locked unit. The most dangerous object patients can get is a plastic fork. I've been hit a few times by some seriously ill people but I knew what I signed up for.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
    Its interesting what you just said about being hit and knowing what you signed up for. It just put in perspective what a guy who used to work for me told me about his dad. His dad spent time in the Marines, then when he got out he used his GI Bill to become a psychiatrist and works at the mental hospital. Guess he still can still use his military training at work at least defensively. I never thought about that before.

Visit here:

My thinking on folks is we're all crazy. Most of us walk the line and stay on the sane side but at any given moment could go nutso.

Right now the burr under my saddle is they recently made me wait for mental health check returns when I do back ground checks for gun transfers.
    Before we had to request it but we could approve the transfer before we got the response. Makes sense since in 20 years I've never once received a disqualification due to mental health. The plan was if we ever did we'd deal with it after the fact.
    Now instead of the local shops getting my go ahead in an hour or two, it's usually at least the full 5 days and DSHS says we often times will have to request extra time so they have time to do their check.

I put no credibility in them or their checks. The bigger the agency, they are state, the more important they think they are and can tell little old me what I have to do.
    Sadly my leader doesn't believe in my policy to just say no and / or pound sand.

Here we go, 3 day weekend and I'm getting myself riled. Think I'll go lick a few windows and write a response to the little people.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

Quote Originally Posted by AIRret View Post
    Everyday is different, but everyday is also the same, bad things happen all over these days. I agree that as civilians we don't expect extended gun battles but I'm also a devout sheepdog, so as long as others are in danger weather I know them or not, I'll probably stay in it till they are no longer in danger or until the cops shoot me by mistake, that's actually the biggest danger for civilian sheepdogs.

Yup, bad things happen everywhere these days and I've never heard ANYONE complain about too much ammo/firepower in a gun fight!!

If I'm ever in your neighborhood and your mowing your lawn "naked as a jay bird"……LET me KNOW.

My battle gun is my CZ sp o1 tac. with two spare mags. and my Kahr pm9 in a flash bang holster or weak side pocket.
    But in a pinch I really like my Springfield 45 5.2" barrel, 13 + 1 (I load one round down, the mag. changes work better) and extra mags.

With a heavy gun I wear suspenders under my cover garment.

Unfortunately, I've gotten a little lazy lately, I've even carried a glock 19 because it's lighter……so sad to get lazy!

And you are VERY right Bawanna, the armed citizen really is in a vulnerable situation in "many" gun fights!
    The call goes out…..there's a man with a gun!!!! Sometimes it's tough for the cops to know who the bad guy is!!!
    I wouldn't get too excited about it. Ain't nothin' much special.
    NRA Benefactor

Quote Originally Posted by ltxi View Post

I wouldn't get too excited about it. Ain't nothin' much special.
    So YOU'VE been around Bawanna when he's in the "all together" i.e naked as a jay bird?!?!?!?!?!?!