Xssights   Tommy Gun   Crimsontrace   Mitch Rosen
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Glock Gen 5 bait and switch?

When I was in High School I wouldn't ride in a bug. My grandfather a body and fender man hated them, said they didn't have any power and held up traffic. I drank his kool aid, really respected him.
    But he was wrong. After High School I had a friend who was a VW mechanic and I probably owned 4 or 5 bugs.

Fastest car I ever owned was a bug. Had a 4 barrel Holly on one but found it ran it's best with two two barrel Webers.
    Drove it on the street, but took it to a Bug in at our semi local drag strip, nothing but VW's. Turned in the 12's.
    Lot of jaws hit the pavement when that thing left the line, we put my engine in a pretty ratty looking bug but boy did it move.

I'd probably have one now if I could figure a way to shift the thing.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I've owned several Glocks, most went to cops who needed them more than me. I don't currently have any.

If the planets align I might one day get a 19 with the MOS set up for a dot sight. Probably even more so if they ever make that set up for a 45.

I think the 19 is about the best size of them all. Same with the 23 of course but I'm pretty much done with 40.

There will be no Gen 5 in my life, prefer a Gen 3 if I can find one when the time is right. I like the finger grooves.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Well...I hate the finger grooves.
    I have a Gen3 model 19, and it's not a bad gun, I shoot it okay, but my fingers don't fit the grooves. Had been looking for a Gen2, or maybe grinding off the finger bumps. A local gun reviewer, Sootch00, says the Gen 5 trigger is about a pound heaver, 6.5 vs 5.5, but that the new trigger is much improved, not so mushy, crisper, slight stacking.

Glock reports the old barrel was good for 4" groups at 25 yds, new barrel, 4" groups at 50 yards. Maybe it's not the rifling, but the manufacturing method that gives the improvements, local Glock dealer said the new barrel is "straighter", whatever that means.

I am not a Glock fan boy, but not a hater either. I have the 19 and a 26, if I had bought the 19 first, I never would have bought the 26. I often recommend new shooters to at least consider the G19 as their first gun. Big enough for home defense, range gun. Plus small enough to carry (at least for me, about the same size as 1911 commander, just a lot thicker). Simple operation, and will tolerate low/no maintenance from part time shooters.

I think after the hoopla dies down a bit, I might see what kind of trade I can get for my Gen 3, really hate those grooves.

-Ken
    NRA Benefactor

Quote Originally Posted by mark7mod0 View Post
    I thought about Glocks decision with the barrel also. I also wonder about the decision CZ made with the P10 to not have their inside rail design that for years has been their trademark and claim to fame. That also was to cause better accuracy for their firearms as with the polygonal barrel was for every other firearm on earth....except now for Glock.
    yeah I think they should have stuck with the inside rails too. I have a CZ 75 clone (Sar arms b6p compact) that I bought for around $250. It is fantastic and a real tack driver. maybe its all in my head but i attribute it to the inside rails lol
    Kahr MK9, Kahr CW9, Kahr P380, Kel-Tec P-3AT, Glock 17, Remington RM380, Sarsilmaz B6PC

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use."

I have to admit, I've become a CZ/CZ clone nut. Best guns I own. Traded/sold both my glocks for CZ's and have no regrets. I have one Sig P226 and like the DA pull on the CZ triggers better. I'm up to 4 now but still need to get me a CZ97 in .45.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster09 View Post
    Glocks are made for carpenters.....after all nothing more than a block. Perhaps they would also be good to pound nails in with..
    Shot a Gluck 20 and a 17 at the last shoot I was at up nort. Reminded me once again why I don't own one..................

i see the cz ban wagon has been rolling for quite a while😁 never shot one and kinda scared to look into them further....dont wanna take a trip..... I kinda like where I am now 😁

btw i think the only change to the barrel is the flaring or bell on muzzle... Course I havent watched but one review on the gun, and as ken said Glock has listened.... its apparent a lot of the camp dont like the grooves.... I dont mind them but how would it feel without?? hmmm, could it possibly be better for me?? options
    RIP Muggsy

Come on LastDaze, you know you want to!

All the cool kids are doing it.
    Kahr MK9, Kahr CW9, Kahr P380, Kel-Tec P-3AT, Glock 17, Remington RM380, Sarsilmaz B6PC

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use."

Quote Originally Posted by JethrosDad View Post
    yeah I think they should have stuck with the inside rails too. I have a CZ 75 clone (Sar arms b6p compact) that I bought for around $250. It is fantastic and a real tack driver. maybe its all in my head but i attribute it to the inside rails lol
    Really like my P-07, but my favorite is still the 75 compact clone.....Tri Star chrome C100.

Quote Originally Posted by mark7mod0 View Post
    Really like my P-07, but my favorite is still the 75 compact clone.....Tri Star chrome C100.
    I have the same c100 in black. Very sweet pistol.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/