Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun   Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: CW380--Let's Try This Again

Fiocchi "Extrema" defense load works perfectly in my Kahr. Also it is a top rated round by "Shooting the Bull". AOL is shorter than other Fiocchi range ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by King Rat View Post
    Fiocchi "Extrema" defense load works perfectly in my Kahr. Also it is a top rated round by "Shooting the Bull". AOL is shorter than other Fiocchi range ammo.
    I'm afraid that the XTP bullet won't do well in my CW380, based on past experience.

Funny you shot a G42 and your Kahr at the same time, because that's what I did today as well. I shot up my old carry ammo (Hornady CD) in the Kahr and it worked fine. I also shot another 50 rounds of PPU and it worked perfectly. That's been the way with my Kahr over 4+ years of ownership... it'll run flawlessly for awhile, then just when you think it's finally GTG it suddenly trips and falls flat on its face again with another strange issue. Its been about 400 rounds since my last problem, so who knows... maybe I'm finally out of the woods at last?

Quote Originally Posted by dsk View Post
    Funny you shot a G42 and your Kahr at the same time, because that's what I did today as well. I shot up my old carry ammo (Hornady CD) in the Kahr and it worked fine. I also shot another 50 rounds of PPU and it worked perfectly. That's been the way with my Kahr over 4+ years of ownership... it'll run flawlessly for awhile, then just when you think it's finally GTG it suddenly trips and falls flat on its face again with another strange issue. Its been about 400 rounds since my last problem, so who knows... maybe I'm finally out of the woods at last?
    Good to hear about your Kahr.

What did you think about the G42? I know it's early in the game, but…I think I'm in love. Like, head over heels. In the end, it may not matter how my Kahr does after all.

My G42 has been a solid performer since Day One. I did have the issue of the slide locking open prematurely, but I fixed it myself by modifying the slide stop lever. New G42s have an upgraded slide stop lever and modified mags as well (marked 03 on the bottom). Mine so far has fed everything I've put through it, including the dreaded Fiocchi FMJ. I did add MagGuts kits to all of my mags just like I did the Kahr to add an extra round of capacity, but it wasn't necessary from a reliability standpoint (my Kahr wasn't reliable until I added the MagGuts kits). My one and only complaint is that I keep shooting to the left with it, but from what I hear that is a universal gripe with Glocks and their factory triggers.

Unfortunately the G42 doesn't disappear in the front pocket of my shorts like the Kahr does, which is why the latter is still hanging around.

I just checked, and I have the "3" magazines, also. I just bought 2 ETS magazines, which are 7 rounders, flush fit, and crazy cheap. They get good reviews, and are cheaper thank the Magguts kits. If they aren't reliable, at least they'll make good range mags.

I shot dead center with mine, although my group was an oblong the long way on the target because those lousy Glock sights drive me crazy. I already bought a set of XS Big Dot, which I should have installed by late next week. Does yours have the newer trigger? I hated the G42 when I tried them after they first came out, but the updated connector really improves things (I was set to buy/install a Ghost connector, which I have on my G27, but now I feel no need).

I rarely pocket carry, and then I've already got a Pico for that…or a P32 or Seecamp if I feel comfortable going with a .32 that particular day. Most days I IWB carry, and I think the difference between the G42 and CW380 seem minuscule at this point.

Time will tell, but with my recent purchases of the G27, Kimber Solo, and G42, my Kahrs may be endangered species.

Quote Originally Posted by boscobarbell View Post
    I just checked, and I have the "3" magazines, also. I just bought 2 ETS magazines, which are 7 rounders, flush fit, and crazy cheap. They get good reviews, and are cheaper thank the Magguts kits. If they aren't reliable, at least they'll make good range mags.

I shot dead center with mine, although my group was an oblong the long way on the target because those lousy Glock sights drive me crazy. I already bought a set of XS Big Dot, which I should have installed by late next week. Does yours have the newer trigger? I hated the G42 when I tried them after they first came out, but the updated connector really improves things (I was set to buy/install a Ghost connector, which I have on my G27, but now I feel no need).

I rarely pocket carry, and then I've already got a Pico for that…or a P32 or Seecamp if I feel comfortable going with a .32 that particular day. Most days I IWB carry, and I think the difference between the G42 and CW380 seem minuscule at this point.

Time will tell, but with my recent purchases of the G27, Kimber Solo, and G42, my Kahrs may be endangered species.
    Bosco, how do you like your Seecamp?

Quote Originally Posted by boscobarbell View Post
    Does yours have the newer trigger? I hated the G42 when I tried them after they first came out, but the updated connector really improves things (I was set to buy/install a Ghost connector, which I have on my G27, but now I feel no need).
    Mine is an earlier one with the heavy trigger, but I'm leaving it that way. It's a pocket gun, not a 50-yard wonder and I'd rather have added assurance that I won't end up shooting off something I might need later.

Quote Originally Posted by dsk View Post
    Mine is an earlier one with the heavy trigger, but I'm leaving it that way. It's a pocket gun, not a 50-yard wonder and I'd rather have added assurance that I won't end up shooting off something I might need later.
    Good point. If I pocket carried, I'd be inclined to look at things the same way.

Nice Price or Crackpipe?

So looking for a pocket .380 and of course looking at a Kahr. My LGS just got in a used P380 (not sure of build date) stainless slide with night sights. has original case, paperwork, and 2 mags with an asking price of $399. I know that with the P series price drop I've seen them on gunprodeals for $365 shipped +25 transfer free puts me at $390 for a NEW P380 (but without night sights).

I am considering selling my Makarov as I have not been carrying it, or shooting it much over the past 6 months. Which of these options would you chose?

1. Sell Makarov and get used P380
    2. Sell Makarov and get new P380
    3. Keep Makarov and get new P380

Thanks!
    Kahr MK9, Kahr CW9, Kahr P380, Kel-Tec P-3AT, Glock 17, Remington RM380, Sarsilmaz B6PC

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use."