Crimsontrace   Magnum Research new   Xssights   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Guitars, what all do y'all play?

Cool Guitars, what all do y'all play?

I broke out a couple of guitars this past Sunday: took 'em apart, cleaned 'em up and tweaked their set-ups. The process got me thinking about the many similarities between "collecting" guitars vs. guns. Finding gems, getting them running right, practicing with them...all brings the same satisfaction and enjoyment. So. For you fellow pickers out there. What all do y'all play? And what makes it special to you?

Here's my Stratofakester among a collection of small amps. I got the guitar about 25 years ago from a guy who needed money. It was a kit guitar that he built himself. The best thing about it was a great paint job and some decent hardware. It had some issues but I've corrected those over the years. It now plays and sounds great! I was setting it up thinking maybe I'd sell it for something more modern. Nope. She stays.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ​O|||||||O

Quote Originally Posted by b4uqzme View Post
    I broke out a couple of guitars this past Sunday: took 'em apart, cleaned 'em up and tweaked their set-ups. The process got me thinking about the many similarities between "collecting" guitars vs. guns. Finding gems, getting them running right, practicing with them...all brings the same satisfaction and enjoyment. So. For you fellow pickers out there. What all do y'all play? And what makes it special to you?

Here's my Stratofakester among a collection of small amps. I got the guitar about 25 years ago from a guy who needed money. It was a kit guitar that he built himself. The best thing about it was a great paint job and some decent hardware. It had some issues but I've corrected those over the years. It now plays and sounds great! I was setting it up thinking maybe I'd sell it for something more modern. Nope. She stays.
    Fender J bass here....nothing special
    I am the Living Man

Air...and I rock!!!

Quote Originally Posted by skiflydive View Post
    Air...and I rock!!!
    you are killing me. Just keep it in tune.................
    I am the Living Man

Quote Originally Posted by knkali View Post
    Fender J bass here....nothing special
    Kind of the standard isn't it? A nice one is indeed very nice. What do you play it thru?
    ​O|||||||O

I can strum a few chords on a guitar but I don't really play
    However, I do play the 5 string banjo bluegrass style. I have a Huber Lexington and a 1927 tube and plate arch top Gibson Mastertone.
    The Gibson was originally a 4 string so I had a 5 string neck made for it and put in a conversion flat head tone ring. When I'm not playing the Gibson it stays in the safe along with the guns.
    I used to play a lot but arthritis in my right thumb limits my time picking.
    My husband and I used to play in a bluegrass band. It was more for fun than anything else, we played local fairs, parties, senior center etc.
    Hubby plays guitar and fiddle.

^^^ now that's cool. Post some pics if you can. Mrs b4 used to play for church services and such but hasn't picked up a guitar in many years. I've encouraged her to start it up again but it's a longshot.
    ​O|||||||O

We are on the road (5th wheel gypsies) until June, with a trip home for the holidays and doctor appointments. Therefore, I only have the Huber with me, so I'll try to post a picture of it……
    First I need to search the forum on how to post pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by b4uqzme View Post
    Kind of the standard isn't it? A nice one is indeed very nice. What do you play it thru?
    a cheapo fender amp. not worthy of much more
    I am the Living Man

Fender blackface amps:

2 Champs
    my own design 2x 6v6 amp
    my own design 1x 6v6 amp
    Brown Princeton
    Tremolux in 2x10 cabinet
    Bassman in 2x10 cabinet
    Bandmaster 2x12
    Super Reverb
    Showman in1x15 Cabinet