Crimsontrace   Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: I'm shopping for a 1911. Any help?

"Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

I just bought Auto Ordnance 1911 Bko Gi from Budsgunshop.com. It been out stand value with workmanship craftsmanship you see in much higher price 1911 out there made buy Colt Firearms Springfield Armory for under $500.00 dollar handgun. New Auto Ordnance slide frame fit is tight as Colt or Springfield Armory 1911.

Quote Originally Posted by Star7745 View Post
    I just bought Auto Ordnance 1911 Bko Gi from Budsgunshop.com. It been out stand value with workmanship craftsmanship you see in much higher price 1911 out there made buy Colt Firearms Springfield Armory for under $500.00 dollar handgun. New Auto Ordnance slide frame fit is tight as Colt or Springfield Armory 1911.
    I'm new to the Kahrtalk forum, so I've been reading old threads. I decided recently to get myself a 1911 and read all through this post and FINALLY found mention of the Auto-Ordnance 1911. Glad to see the one review is a good one because giving more business to Kahr is a priority for me.

I have a Magnum Research 1911G and a 1911C, the full size and commander. Been carrying the C for a month or more now.
    Both are very accurate even with me driving and a great value for the price range.
    An auto ordnance is hopefully on my short list also.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Buds has Tisas 1911s for $399 on Black Friday, just sayin'. I'm still saving for an AO, though.

It looks like the AO is only about $100 more. Seems worth it to have an American made pistol. Are the AO frames forged? I'm thinking that the Tisas, ATI, Rock Island, etc are cast.

Quote Originally Posted by BurkeyNE View Post
    It looks like the AO is only about $100 more. Seems worth it to have an American made pistol. Are the AO frames forged? I'm thinking that the Tisas, ATI, Rock Island, etc are cast.
    I'm of the belief that the AO frame is cast.
    As long as the casting is done properly, a cast 1911 frame is not a deal breaker for me. I currently have a few 1911s (a 9mm Rock Island, a Remington R1S, and a custom build with an Essex frame) and I've not had any issues with the frame on any of them. The same can be said for other 1911s with cast frames (excluding an AMT Hardballer) that I've owned in the past. FWIW, the only other 1911 frame I've had a metallurgy issue with was a forged, full size Colt frame. That one developed a crack at the top of the slide stop window....solved that by cutting the top out of the window.
    Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Quote Originally Posted by gb6491 View Post
    I'm of the belief that the AO frame is cast.
    As long as the casting is done properly, a cast 1911 frame is not a deal breaker for me. I currently have a few 1911s (a 9mm Rock Island, a Remington R1S, and a custom build with an Essex frame) and I've not had any issues with the frame on any of them. The same can be said for other 1911s with cast frames (excluding an AMT Hardballer) that I've owned in the past. FWIW, the only other 1911 frame I've had a metallurgy issue with was a forged, full size Colt frame. That one developed a crack at the top of the slide stop window....solved that by cutting the top out of the window.
    Regards,
    Greg
    Thanks for the input. I think I'll go ahead with my plan to get the AO.

I agree with Greg, from my limited memory recall, the frames are cast, and the slides are milled from bar stock. All based on memory, no links to the info. I have been wrong before, so take it like all advice should be taken.

I have a GI model RIA that I know is cast, never had an issue, but it's not a high round gun either, it's my fishing gun.
    NRA Benefactor

Have a look on these, You will find perfect one with little bit of research -
    https://moriartiarmaments.com/1911,%20Glock/