Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun   Magnum Research new   Crimsontrace
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Preparing for Retirement

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    I got a nice heavy duty refrigerator box, kind of double thick. Not great for wheelchair access but I think under a good bridge with a good blanky and it'll be home sweet home. Crap, forgot about the gun safe, where am I gonna put that? Guess I better look for another refrigerator box.
    Ive been trying to get the wife to agree to a camper in a cow field for years but she’s not there yet. Maybe one day...
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Quote Originally Posted by yqtszhj View Post
    Ive been trying to get the wife to agree to a camper in a cow field for years but she’s not there yet. Maybe one day...
    That's a fine idea and nice accommodations, sadly I think the refrigerator box might last longer than the camper. Living in an age of junk now days, (cept for guns) maybe better than the old RV days but still don't last long.
    Cow field maybe under a nice tree would be much nicer than under a bridge, quieter and probably better neighbors. Never met a cow I didn't like, well there was one ole awnry critter back on the farm that I didn't have much use for but that was probably the exception. Course I reckon an awnry one might be pretty decent eating, maybe a little tough?
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I could not live in a RV or camper ...wife and I have to have a soft, warm bed at night and either room service or a close by restaurant. Also the older I get, the less I like driving .....especially at night. Beside that....the fur kids like the king sized bed they allow mom and dad to share!!

I don't like to go too much anymore, don't mind driving, just like to stay home. Wife likes to go, go, go. Why I need to find a nice cow pasture that I like so I don't get no desire to go.

I like a nice warm bed too, hopefully I can figure that out. Dig a hole, build a fire, get some good coals, throw dirt on top and cover yourself with a buffalo robe and your nice and comfy but a lot of work. No buffalo around these days, nor firewood and hard for derelicts in wheelchairs to dig holes.
    Bad idea?
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Ya' know, Col....you make me feel a whole lot better about my ownself.
    NRA Benefactor

Quote Originally Posted by ltxi View Post
    Ya' know, Col....you make me feel a whole lot better about my ownself.
    Mission accomplished.

Wait........do this mean I'm like pathetic or something? Why don't ya feel real good about yourself in the first place.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    Mission accomplished.

Wait........do this mean I'm like pathetic or something? Why don't ya feel real good about yourself in the first place.
    'Cause I have terminal cancer, fer god's sake. At least, however, I ain't gonna end up living in a refrigerator box, in a 'chair, under a bridge. Always makes me feel better to know there's someone out there who's worse off than me.
    NRA Benefactor

We’re all going to die. At least you know what you’re likely to die from.

That's one of the things they encouraged in the hospital when I was getting fixed. Anytime you feel sorry for yourself just look around, there's somebody worse off.
    Heck the chair ain't a bad thing, I can get the remote without getting up, do all sorts of things without getting up, course I can't get to someplaces too.

OK the chair really sucks and I don't recommend it to nobody.

My philosophy since that day is if you feel like taking a day off and playing, take it off and play, work ethics will get your hurt.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

Bawanna, you ain't helpin'. I'm sick of work. I don't really want to retire, because I can see myself sitting on the sofa all day doing nothing, but then that's all I'd be able to afford so maybe it's appropriate. When I'm out and about, I try to peel away to the range when I can, that seems to reset my mechanisms for a little while. But work is still there when I get back.