CrossBreed Holsters   Magnum Research new   Xssights   Kahr Shop
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: CM9 7 rd mags..???

Default CM9 7 rd mags..???

I tried a (factory) 7 rd CM9 mag back in 2013 and had so many problems I gave up on it. Good news is that when I contacted the factory, they immediately offered to exchange it for a new 6-rd, which is what I did.
    Lately...I've been wondering if the factory, or anyone else for that matter has offered a RELIABLE mag with increased capacity over the 6 rounder.
    Thanks.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

Galloway also offers a Plus base/extension, I have several, that work quite well
    "Do as I say not as I do"
    "You can't fix stupid"
    "Do what you want, 'cause you will any way"

Stay Safe

Have no problems with my 7 round mag.

No problem with my 7 rounders either. They're basically the exact same magazines that the K9 uses minus the base plate aka pinky extension that prevents over insertion of the magazine into the MK9.

I'd buy whole new 7 round magazine vs paying the same price for a +1 extension for 6 round mag. New MK9 7 round mags are about $30, and used ones can be found from $15-$25.

Wouldn't the +1 base plate on a 6 round mag basically be just adding the extra space that already exist at the bottom of the 7 round Kahr magazine? The only difference is that it would still use the 6 round mag spring whereas the Kahr 7 round mags have a different/stronger spring than the 6 round mags... Doesn't make much logical sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by 187911 View Post
    Wouldn't the +1 base plate on a 6 round mag basically be just adding the extra space that already exist at the bottom of the 7 round Kahr magazine? The only difference is that it would still use the 6 round mag spring whereas the Kahr 7 round mags have a different/stronger spring than the 6 round mags... Doesn't make much logical sense to me.
    The Lakeline extension does not add as much length as a 7 round magazine. And, for whatever reason, some people report problems using the Kahr 7 rounder in a CM9.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidR View Post
    The Lakeline extension does not add as much length as a 7 round magazine. And, for whatever reason, some people report problems using the Kahr 7 rounder in a CM9.
    Odd being that not much is different vs the 6 round mags other than having space for the extra round and a slightly stronger spring.

Had a problem with my 7 rd for about first 5 or so times. Since then nothing...however I did tweak the mag lips a bit. If that made any difference .????

My 7 round magazine wouldn't seat completely firmly in my S9. I took the base off and sanded a tiny bit off the top edge (the open end) by placing on 320 grit paper and sliding around until it would latch firmly every time....sand a bit, reassemble, check, repeat...

I think the slope of the magazine bottom didn't exactly match the bottom of the handle.

Before I did this it would randomly drop down after the first shot.