Crimsontrace   Magnum Research new   Mitch Rosen   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: 2022 Shot Show?

2 carjackings a day, dayum.
    Man of steel - Kahr T9, CZ75

Did you know that Jacksonville Fl. has 245 jackings per year for every 100,000 people????????? The area that I moved away from last year had 770 thefts per year per 100,000 people. The city that I lived in had 374 thefts per 100,000. There were 1100 assaults per 100,000......................I'm so glad I got the ***** out of there.

Default 2022 Shot Show?

If privileged folks would stop flaunting their ownership of automobiles, underprivileged youth wouldn’t have to carjack them to obtain transportation to get to work.
    Last edited by DavidR; 01-16-2022 at 12:41 PM.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

Quote Originally Posted by berettabone View Post
    Did you know that Jacksonville Fl. has 245 jackings per year for every 100,000 people????????? The area that I moved away from last year had 770 thefts per year per 100,000 people. The city that I lived in had 374 thefts per 100,000. There were 1100 assaults per 100,000......................I'm so glad I got the ***** out of there.
    Nope, I did not know that.
    Man of steel - Kahr T9, CZ75

Quote Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
    Nope, I did not know that.
    So I guess in the whole scheme of things, JFL has relatively low car theft numbers in comparison to other similar places. I moved away from the Milwaukee area, which has roughly half+ the population of JFL, but 5 times the number of car thefts. I checked the crime numbers for the city I lived in, and they were crazy. A city of approx. 60,000 pop. It averaged (per 100 thou.) 3 murders, 374 car thefts, 286 robberies, 1288 assaults, and a couple thousand miscellaneous issues. Sorry for the babble, but I just found the crime stats interesting in different places in the U.S...............................I tell my wife all of the time that things are WAY out of hand. She agrees. When you mention it to others, they just look at you like your driftless.......................

Lol, I was hijacked in a old Pontiac Grand Prix pile of junk. Maybe the two nice young men were headed to Church, but I doubt they were headed to "Work".

A local (Austin) case with a somewhat satisfactory ending - Carjacker gets 25 years in Federal prison after losing gunfight with intended victim (who was licensed to carry):
    https://www.kxan.com/news/crime/man-...thwest-austin/
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

I live in the suburbs of Minneapolis and we were something over 700 jackings per year. Sold my beloved 535 sedan in favor of a SUV that will jump a curb if needed, besides the fact the door pockets allow for a lot more spare mags.
    "Never pet a burning dog"

Quote Originally Posted by 340pd View Post
    ……in favor of a SUV that will jump a curb if needed, besides the fact the door pockets allow for a lot more spare mags.
    we must be brothers. I operate the same way.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/