CrossBreed Holsters   Xssights   Tommy Gun Shop   Tommy Gun
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: P380 Buffalo Bore problem

Default P380 Buffalo Bore problem

I have been a giant advocate of Buffalo Bore 90 grain jacketed hollow point +p for years. It seemed to always run fine but I did not practice with it much as it is expensive. Buffalo Bore changed the bullet manufacturer a bit ago and I ordered some more. I usually only shoot two Buffalo Bores when I shoot and then change to PMC. Since they changed the bullet I have been getting nosedives on the second shot over half the time. I have about 10 boxes of Rem Golden Sabers that I got on a sick factory rebate deal maybe 4 years ago. I tried them and never got a nosedive. I was curious. The Buffalo Bore and the Golden Saber looked different relative to the ramp before I loaded the first round. The Golden Saber was closer to the ramp and aimed higher. I checked SAMMI specs and the minimum length for a .380 is .910 inch. The PMC which always runs perfectly measured .975 inch, the Golden Saber measured .953 inch and lo and behold the Buffalo Bore measured a measly .920 inch. This is almost the SAMMI minimum. Anyway, I am now carrying the Golden Saber but it does not have great reviews for expansion but great reviews for penetration. I want the best bullet out there to carry. I now know it is not the buffalo Bore although I do have a box of the old bullet that always ran fine BUT it still only measured .920 inch. What is the latest thinking on the best most reliable carry round if price is no object. Thanks for reading. Dan

I like the Lehigh Defense Extreme Penetrator or Extreme Defense bullets in a cartridge from Underwood Ammo. https://www.underwoodammo.com/380-ac...-defender.html
    Kahr P380 x2
    Kahr K9
    Kahr CM45
    Sig P938
    Sig P365 x2
    Sig P322
    1911 Range Officer 9mm
    M&P 9mm

Quote Originally Posted by topgun1953 View Post
    I like the Lehigh Defense Extreme Penetrator or Extreme Defense bullets in a cartridge from Underwood Ammo. https://www.underwoodammo.com/380-ac...-defender.html
    Thanks topgun. Dan

Quote Originally Posted by topgun1953 View Post
    Topgun, Underwood has just the ammo I would like to try. It is the 90 grain Gold Dot bullet in a plated case loaded to +P. They are out of it now but will notify when back in stock. Thanks again! Dan

Did more live fire testing. The Buffalo Bore still intermittently would nosedive. The Golden Sabers ran flawlessly. I think I will just stay with the Sabers as reliability is most important to me. It is not like they are some junk import reload but a top line round. I know the expansion is not rated the best. But at least I know I have seven rounds that will go off. If that is not enough I am in way over my head anyway. Dan

Federal HST.

Quote Originally Posted by berettabone View Post
    Federal HST.
    This.

Federal HST.
    I will try it. Thanks much for both of you responding. Ammo is sure changing faster than it did 30 years ago. Dan

Federal HST.
    Same here.
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

PrecisionOne Plus P