Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun   Mitch Rosen   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Trijicon Night Sights

Question Trijicon Night Sights

So, is there ANYBODY out there that these sights stay attached the gun for ? Just curious since I'm trying to decide between Trijicon and Dawson...

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by MEJETSKI2000 View Post
    So, is there ANYBODY out there that these sights stay attached the gun for ? Just curious since I'm trying to decide between Trijicon and Dawson...

Pete
    Although not a PM/CM series gun.
    I have Kahr factory Trijicon NS on my MK40 Elite
    with over 1000 rounds down range.

The sights are perfect.

I have had the Trijicon sights on both my "CW" series pistols (9mm and .45ACP) for some time now and I have not had a single issue with them.
    Regards,
    Greg

Were they factory installed on the CW type guns or did you do them yourself gb ?

Quote Originally Posted by MEJETSKI2000 View Post
    Were they factory installed on the CW type guns or did you do them yourself gb ?
    I did them myself. I'm of the opinion that the front sight screw must be flush with or below the slide surface to prevent damage/failure of the sight.

This was not an issue on my CW45:

On the other hand, my CW9 did not have enough clearance and I had to modify it some (Please Note: Some members have posted photos of newer CW9 and CM9 pistols that show Kahr has increased the depth of the countersink on these pistols.):

Another place that I think might result in damage to the sight is during installation. If the bottom of the sight does not sit flush with the top of the slide, simply trying to tighten the screw down more is likely to damage the post before (if ever) the sight sits flush. Here's what I believe needs to be done:

Regards,
    Greg

Nice explanation Greg. The pictures and diagrams make it crystal clear. Thanks.

Do you use a press for the rear sight, or do you use a punch like the old days?

Yeah many thanks, now I understand why there have been issues on the CM platform. Might be a good idea to use the threadlocker on both pins, not just on the screw. I expect Kahr probably modifies the earlier slides when they install sights there so everything interfaces correctly whereas the average guy probably just screws it together thinking all is ok. Thanks greatly for showing me the pitfalls Greg !!

I installed them on my CW45. My experience was similar to Greg's. The back sight took lots of grinding, but now that it's done, glad I did it.
    I've lost my memory, and I can't remember where I put it.

I wish the XS sights were the same price as the Trijicon since I like the big fast dot front but not for $40 over the Trijicon. I'm probably going to just do my front and call it good.

ur oly gonna do this one time, buy what u want, put the price behind u and a month after they are on u will have forgot about that $40. Just sayin

I think the xs big dots are worth every dollar IMO.
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY