Xssights   Tommy Gun Shop   Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bawanna grips

Default Bawanna grips

I got a package from Bawanna (Thank You!!!) today for my EARLY MK9.

Sent from my Z936L using Tapatalk
    "To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medication to the dead." Thomas Paine

Wow, that was fast. I didn't figure they'd get there till tomorrow or Saturday.

Looks like this side fits, you like em?
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    Wow, that was fast. I didn't figure they'd get there till tomorrow or Saturday.

Looks like this side fits, you like em?
    I like them a lot. I didn't take a pic of the other side because someone cross threaded one of the holes, so that hole has a stock slotted screw until I get a tap it fix it. The bigger hump in the back makes it feel more like my Glocks (a good thing).

"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medication to the dead." Thomas Paine

There's not much metal in the frame for the screws to thread to. Have to be perfect to use it all for strength but not to long to interfere with the magazine.

I don't have issue with slotted screws, easier to find a screwdriver than an allen wrench when you out and about and the grip is loose.

I do like them ones that do both allen or slot, need to get me some of those. Often thought of installing 1911 bushings on a Kahr. I'm not much for metal working and threading and such though. Be afraid I'd mess it up, but that would help I think.

Glad they work for you, the beauty of wood is they can be tweeked or modified to meet your needs.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

The back could use a little fitting, but they feel good in my hand. I don't want to mess them up. They add a lot of class and a better feel over the plastic grips. This is still a carry gun, so fiction is #1. It's still nice having it look good.

For the screws, I used slim 1911 screws.

Quote Originally Posted by Short Bus View Post
    The back could use a little fitting, but they feel good in my hand. I don't want to mess them up. They add a lot of class and a better feel over the plastic grips. This is still a carry gun, so fiction is #1. It's still nice having it look good.

What kind of fitting does the back need? Matching up or gaps or what? They were perfect on my loaner MK, maybe best I ever done.
    If they don't fit that's unacceptable. Pictures.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    What kind of fitting does the back need? Matching up or gaps or what? They were perfect on my loaner MK, maybe best I ever done.
    If they don't fit that's unacceptable. Pictures.
    Maybe I made it sound like more than it is, maybe just a little sanding to even the halves up, the right side is slightly proud at the top, but holding it like you would shoot it, you don't feel it.

You might loosen the screws a bit and they might move enough to line up, then snug the screws back down.
    I try for minimal movement but always seems to be a little bit.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

yeah Bawanna is a genious, Ive admired his work since i joined the forum... serious skills
    RIP Muggsy