Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun   CrossBreed Holsters   Mitch Rosen
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hellcat OSP with a Romeo Zero optic

A Powder River kit greatly improved my XDm in .45. Good stuff from them. It's is a shame we have to add aftermarket parts to these guns to make them acceptable. Maybe that is what makes this fun for us and keeps creative aftermarket people in business.
    Shield, Apex
    Springfields, Powder River
    Ruger, Volquartsen or Sweet Pea
    Browning and S&W Victor Tandem Cross
    etc.
    "Never pet a burning dog"

Quote Originally Posted by 340pd View Post
    A Powder River kit greatly improved my XDm in .45. Good stuff from them. It's is a shame we have to add aftermarket parts to these guns to make them acceptable. Maybe that is what makes this fun for us and keeps creative aftermarket people in business.
    Shield, Apex
    Springfields, Powder River
    Ruger, Volquartsen or Sweet Pea
    Browning and S&W Victor Tandem Cross
    etc.
    Ain't that the truth!

I did the Apex thing with my Shield 9mm, even tried it in the 45 Shield, but felt the stock 45 trigger was better.
    Most of my Rugers have Voquartsen parts in them...some Clark and Tandemkross parts as well
    My Buckmarks are pretty much stock, but have the "Heggis flip" done on them and Browning triggers with over travel stops.

I lucked out with my XD 45 Tactical. I bought it used and it already had a Powder River trigger in it. The gun appeared to have been hardly used and I can't help but wonder if this was because the trigger's over travel had not been adjusted properly. Fixed that pretty easily and it's a fine shooting pistol

Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Soooo...Add another $100.00 to get a good trigger. Do both the 13 rd and 11 rd magazines come with the pistol, or do you have to purchase that extended one separately, like with the Sig365..?? (Add another $50.00).
    Thanks. Since these are so popular,,,there's NONE in a local shop for me to visit and ask all these questions. They will reappear however at some point, I'm sure. Unless of course Federal rules change after the next election and such "HI-CAPACITY" options are totally banned.

Quote Originally Posted by guido4198 View Post
    Soooo...Add another $100.00 to get a good trigger. Do both the 13 rd and 11 rd magazines come with the pistol, or do you have to purchase that extended one separately, like with the Sig365..?? (Add another $50.00).
    Thanks. Since these are so popular,,,there's NONE in a local shop for me to visit and ask all these questions. They will reappear however at some point, I'm sure. Unless of course Federal rules change after the next election and such "HI-CAPACITY" options are totally banned.
    I'd guess there are many that are content with the Hellcat's trigger as it comes. I was looking to improve it so, yeah, another $100 for the trigger I have in it. I consider it money well spent.
    It comes with both a 11 and 13 rounds magazine.
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

As an FYI regarding magazines; Springfield Armory offers a nice deal when you register your for your warranty. They give a one time use discount code for purchase of any merchandise on their on-line store. I used mine to get more magazines at $21.50 each.
    Judging by today's left wing, looks like Senator Joe McCarthy was right after all.

It is no different than owning a Harley....not to many people buy one and ride it without doing a lot of upgrades.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

Just gotta add that bling.

I shot one of those Hellcats yesterday at the range. Fellow shooting next to me and my buddy, came over from his position and asked us if we wanted to try it. Hail yes, I said! The little red dot came up in the view area without having to move the gun around to try and find it. I wasn't impressed by the trigger pull, and the blade in center of trigger chewed on my trigger finger. I wouldn't hesitate to buy one, very accurate, but the recoil lets you know you are shooting a compact pistol.

A follow up after a few months. I've hit the range once or twice a week and that familiarity has paid off. I really, really like this gun. Now that A few rounds are down the pipe the trigger has gotten a bit better, the groups have tightened up a lot and my eyes appreciate those bright sights. Found a nice holster made for the OSP model that works well.

The only trouble encountered was with the optic installation. My fault. I did not trim the screws enough resulting in the sight not seating fully into the slide cut. The screws needed to be shorter and thus tighter. The battery failed after about 7 weeks. This is how I discovered my mistake.

While talking about the Sig Romeo... it has held it's zero very well, which was my main concern. I love this gun.
    Judging by today's left wing, looks like Senator Joe McCarthy was right after all.