Xssights   Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun   Magnum Research new
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Switching to a SIG P365?

I've owned and shot (in competition) a lot of different guns ( including a H&K P7), revolvers and semi auto. I least like the Sig, too blocky, looong trigger pull and the bore too high above my hand( I like for the slide to leave lube on my hand web). Never been a fan of the Glock. I admit, I've been a 1911 guy for decades, but the S&W M&P brought me into the 21st Century. My DW loves and shoots Walther's P99 and PPQ. I can see the attraction, but for carry, the Kahr is my new go to pistol.

I just got back from the Sig forum, there's enough concern with QC and supplier choice that I'm considering cancelling my pre-order for the P365.

One thread surveying the forum has about 15% of all responders saying they have broken strikers. 15% defect rate is catastrophic in the world of manufacturing, let alone a defensive firearm. Can you imagine if 1 in every 6 Honda Civics came off the line and became inoperable in the first 100 miles?

Granted, kinks will be worked out over time, but I'm wavering on my backorder pretty greatly right now.

http://sigtalk.com/p250-p320-p365-p3.../305761?page=1

I have had my P365 for 3 weeks now. No Problems at all so far and it fits my MX9 holster. Trigger is similar to Kahr's only there is a take up and a firm let off when the trigger is pulled. Shot 200 rounds so far without any misfires or jambs. It came with two magazines of 10 plus 1 and an optional 12 + 1 is available. Trigger pull is actually shorter and faster reset with the P365.

^^^ thanks for the pics. I think that grip angle is different enough that I’d be shooting the BG in the shins.
    ​O|||||||O

I will eventually add a P365 to my stable. The fact that it's 10 + 1 in a CM9 sized package seems like a no-brainer. It is just a shame that Kahr dropped the ball and didn't make something similar...

I have owned mine for a couple of months. I am a RSO and shoot it a lot. My PM9 has always been flawless and while I was working it was always in my dress pants in a great pocket holster. After retiring a half dozen years ago I continued to carry my Kahr but if I was out with my entire family I always wanted more capacity without the need to fill my remaining pockets with mags so I shoved a Sig M11A1 in my waistband.
    Along comes the P365. Huge capacity for it's size, familiar trigger, great sights, the rounded grip that allowed me to shoot as accurately offhand as using a two hand grip, and using the extended magazine is almost cheating.
    I will keep my PM9 for the seldom worn dress pants carry but I am in the process of selling a few small revolvers as the Sig has totally taken over as my carry gun of choice and If someone asked me how can the P365 be improved, I could not come up with an intelligent answer.
    "Never pet a burning dog"

Quote Originally Posted by rice rocket View Post
    I just got back from the Sig forum, there's enough concern with QC and supplier choice that I'm considering cancelling my pre-order for the P365.

One thread surveying the forum has about 15% of all responders saying they have broken strikers. 15% defect rate is catastrophic in the world of manufacturing, let alone a defensive firearm. Can you imagine if 1 in every 6 Honda Civics came off the line and became inoperable in the first 100 miles?

Granted, kinks will be worked out over time, but I'm wavering on my backorder pretty greatly right now.

http://sigtalk.com/p250-p320-p365-p3.../305761?page=1
    Just keep in mind people who have experienced failures are much more motivated to post online. There were lots of complaints about the pm9 followers yet it still took Kahr what, 10 years to fix the design?

I've had Kahr's, Sigs, Springfield's, and H&K's in all different models but I keep coming back to a Kahr. Now it's a MK9 and wouldn't trade it for the world, just to darn perfect for me!

I'll probably end up with a P365 but that doesn't mean my Khars will be going anywhere.