Kahr Shop   Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Charter Arms Pitbull 40

I do hear the current version is okay and will freely admit I no need for haven't hands on checked them out. But the immediate follow ons, multiple, to the original were "in name only" real junk.
    NRA Benefactor

THAT perked up my ears! I have an S&W 646 L frame 40 S&W with 4" barrel that requires moon clips (so I bought a goodly supply). That PitBull is very interesting...doesn't require moonclips? How's the recoil? What weight bullets are you using?

Quote Originally Posted by JimboTN View Post
    THAT perked up my ears! I have an S&W 646 L frame 40 S&W with 4" barrel that requires moon clips (so I bought a goodly supply). That PitBull is very interesting...doesn't require moonclips? How's the recoil? What weight bullets are you using?
    The recoil is not bad at all. I shoot 180gr lead flat points and 180gr Berry's flat points. They are not full power loads, but do shoot and cycle well in my Glocks. My carry ammo for it is 135 gr Federal low recoil hydra shocks and they are not bad either, but I can tell the difference...

It does not require moon clips like my S&W 610, but it does take a little practice to load, but one you get the hang of it, there is no difference than loading a standard revolver. I does eject the spent shell casings just a well as any other revolver. There is no such thing as a quick reload like you would have with the moon clips. It is not a perfect carry revolver, but it is a hoot to shoot at the range and I do not have to load and unload moon clips to do so...

Here is a link to another thread, on this forum, showing how the no moon clips mechanics works - if you are interested...
    http://www.kahrtalk.com/showthread.p...ecently/page23

Thumbs up Thanks for the reply...I now have one on the way...

[QUOTE=10mm Shooter;396094]The recoil is not bad at all. I shoot 180gr lead flat points and 180gr Berry's flat points. They are not full power loads, but do shoot and cycle well in my Glocks. My carry ammo for it is 135 gr Federal low recoil hydra shocks and they are not bad either, but I can tell the difference...

Thanks for the reply. Although I do occasionally reload rifle ammo and .38 & .357, I've never reloaded the 40 for some reason. Now that I have reduced ammo calibers I may give it a try although at 26 cents a round the limited shooting I'm doing at present isn't breaking me....yet.
    Last edited by JimboTN; 03-06-2018 at 01:53 AM. Reason: correct error

Well Phoooooey Pitbull came in today, found that the barrel wasn't installed correctly, the front sight was canted to the left about 15 degrees. LGS still has it, hopefully it'll be replaced with a proper one soon...It does look good and felt good in my hand so I'm still stoked about it...just disappointed that it was "ready for prime time".

I wouldn't one with the sight canted like that, but this is one way to adjust windage on fixed sights revolvers. I've heard S&W smacks their revolvers with a babbit bar to accomplish windage regulation. You can also open the rear sight window on one side to correct windage, but I don't know if any manufacturers do this.

I once tried smacking a Charter Arms front sight to give it a cant to the left, bit I ended up breaking the front sight off

In hindsight, that was right up there with this:
    Following photo was previously posted by jeepster:

Filing in a dovetail and installing a SIG front sight I had laying around yielded better results

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
    Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Oh man that dentist picture hurt to even look.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Yeah, I could of done without the dentist picture too.

I gotta look up Babbit bar, I feel like I should know what that is but I'm drawing a blank, not enough coffee yet I reckon.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by gb6491 View Post
    I wouldn't one with the sight canted like that, but this is one way to adjust windage on fixed sights revolvers. I've heard S&W smacks their revolvers with a babbit bar to accomplish windage regulation. You can also open the rear sight window on one side to correct windage, but I don't know if any manufacturers do this.

I once tried smacking a Charter Arms front sight to give it a cant to the left, bit I ended up breaking the front sight off

In hindsight, that was right up there with this:
    Following photo was previously posted by jeepster:

Filing in a dovetail and installing a SIG front sight I had laying around yielded better results

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
    Regards,
    Greg
    Proper illustration of a moment of dumb ass..

Excellent recovery.
    NRA Benefactor

I'm looking into having dovetails milled into a few of my fixed front sight handguns so I can go to XS Express Sights but then the whole barrel is off center a dovetail doesn't help sooooo...still waiting to hear from LGS...sigh. AND did you say you filed the dovetail...you da' man