Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun   CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun Shop

Thread: With all the stuff that can bite or sting ya,...

Default With all the stuff that can bite or sting ya,...

....it's kind of nice when something that doesn't do those things drops by for a visit:

For some firearm content, here's a manipulated shot of my P380 (I think it looks a bit like those "battle worn" finishes that are turning up these days):

Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

That's an incredible picture. About the right caliber for the bug too.

I don't know that I could hold a bug like that myself, probably unmanly of me but even if I knew it didn't bite or sting I'd still have major reservations.

Are those around much in your parts? I don't know that my wife would do well. I know she'd move in a heartbeat but not sure she'd be happy when she got there.

I know there's no way ever I would go into a crawl space under a house, not happening. Attics might be questionable too.

Might want to wash your hands once in awhile, love that picture.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post

I don't know that I could hold a bug like that myself, probably unmanly of me but even if I knew it didn't bite or sting I'd still have major reservations.

Are those around much in your parts? I don't know that my wife would do well. I know she'd move in a heartbeat but not sure she'd be happy when she got there.

I know there's no way ever I would go into a crawl space under a house, not happening. Attics might be questionable too.

About this time of year we see more Preying Mantis. That one just happened to show up as I was working in the yard.

I'll have to pick myself up a couple of bars of Lava, then again the "battle worn" hands look might be the next hot fashion trend

Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post

Colonel-

You probably do have them there, just not seen one. We have them in MI and when I lived in Canada we had them there too. Ugly but harmless. They eat aphids and such. This little guy's probably worried about his "wife" too. About 25% of the time the female eats the head of the male during or after copulation.

Ain't never seen nothing like that around these parts.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

The wifey and I know a couple of master gardeners. One of them raises baby mantises(mantises?) manti? Not to be confused with the Manti's on Outer Limits. She releases them as youngsters in her garden and they devour everything that moves. She gave us some last year to release in our flowers in the front. Tiny, vicious little things. Good for the yard. Hope they made it...............one of the crazier bugs in nature.

Wouldn't the lawn mower be a bad thing for the vicious little critters?

Seems like they wouldn't do well in the wet and cold but maybe so. Never seen one.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

I didn't know my mother in law took a trip out to Arizona.....

Excellent critter pics...
    NRA Benefactor

Quote Originally Posted by skiflydive View Post
    Colonel-

You probably do have them there, just not seen one. We have them in MI and when I lived in Canada we had them there too. Ugly but harmless. They eat aphids and such. This little guy's probably worried about his "wife" too. About 25% of the time the female eats the head of the male during or after copulation.
    I hate when that happens!
    Dan Wesson 1911 Valkyrie Commander
    Kahr K9 Elite 03, CW45, CW9
    Glock 19 Gen4 and Gen5
    Sig P225-A1, P320C 9mm, SP2022 9mm
    S&W 1911 SC-e scandiium frame
    S&W 686 Plus 3" .357 Magnum Talo Edition Revolver
    S&W M&P Shield 9 Performance Center, Shield .45, 9mm Compact 2.0
    S&W M&P 40 FS (Detroit PD)
    S&W SW22 Victory
    RIA 1911 22TCM/9mm FS Ultra, 1911 .45 FS Tactical
    CZ 75D Compact PCR 9mm