Crimsontrace   Mitch Rosen   CrossBreed Holsters   Magnum Research new
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Sights

Default New Sights

https://www.sigsauer.com/store/p365-sas.html

I got a chance to fondle a Sig 365 with them new SAS sights. No front sight and the rear is laid into the slide so it's flush.
    In a nutshell I was actually pretty impressed, I didn't think it would fly for me but it took off and worked.
    Only down fall is it pretty much disappears in very low light, but I don't go out much in the dark and carry a flashlight when I do so I suspect it would work ok.

It completely relies on having two eyes, dominate eye on the dot in the circle and non dominant on the target. Where they overlap is where you hit.

The Sig itself doesn't totally sing for me although it wasn't bad. If I ever run across a Hellcat I'd like to hold one of those. I think they make this sight for Kahrs, but don't recall which models. Might be a plan there somewhere too.

Right now I'm focusing all my marbles on a Sig P210 Target, its' been on the list for a long time and this keep up with Greg stuff is a full time and costly mission. Maybe I should start one of them thar go fund me dealy hymers?
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I’m pretty sure it’s a night sight so you would be okay at night.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

I have a buddy that bought a P365 with the SAS sight. He sold it after one range trip as he didn't like the sights in dim light. Still, I'd like to shoot one to see for myself. I do really like my 365 with the Xray3 sights.

I picked up a Hellcat, but I am not as enamored by it. With the flat base plate on the 11 round magazine, i find it more difficult to shoot as accurately as either my PM9 or P365. With the 13 round mag, it handles much better for me, but then it's a larger footprint. I also felt the need to smooth out some sharp edges on it's frame and trigger.
    I'm not saying it's a bad gun, as it runs fine and I can shoot it accurately, I just find it takes more work for me to do so. I'm talking pin point accuracy here, it's fine for torso size targets at 10 yds. with little effort. A better trigger would probably bring it online with the other guns I mentioned.

Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Thanks Greg really. One less thing to get between me and my Sig P210 Target. Looking at your excellent photo it's not nearly as appealing to me as I thought it would be.
    Holding the 365 in the shop the other day it seemed better than the ones I've held before, perhaps it's growing on me. But I was mostly investigating the sight set up.
    I did just hold my hand over the top of the sight in a pretty well it room and the sight basically disappeared. But it seemed to work splendidly with light. Worth a harder look anyhow for me.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

The SAS has some specific uses but as of yer I cant put my finger on them. It takes to hands to close the slide as there is no functional slide release. There are lots of reports of the "night sights" not showing up in low light, and the one I most concern myself with is the ported barrel. I always consider my small firearrms may be shot at very close quarters and in confined spaces. The last thing I need is to blind myself from shooting from limited spaces not to mention the reported increase in noise the porting produces.
    Love the concept but if I don't feel the need to have sights on ly gun, I will just look over the top of them when point shooting as I do some of the time while training.
    Your desire for a Sig P210 is well founded and if I were not in the market fora a large accurate extremely well built target pistol, I would not have passed on one that my LGS gave away for $1200 as a consignment sale a few weeks ago. I do not know that market but I think that was a really low price for that firearm. To add spice to that price, it was a German mfg. one to boot.
    "Never pet a burning dog"

I tried the sas sights on my Kahr. It’s ok, but not something I felt was any improvement for my shooting. At close range it’s fine, but not as good beyond about 10 yds. They are having issues with the night sights. Not sure if that’s a meprolight problem or Sig. I bought a manual safety version and it has been great. Tempted to buy another one on Black Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by 340pd View Post
    The SAS has some specific uses but as of yer I cant put my finger on them. It takes to hands to close the slide as there is no functional slide release. There are lots of reports of the "night sights" not showing up in low light, and the one I most concern myself with is the ported barrel. I always consider my small firearrms may be shot at very close quarters and in confined spaces. The last thing I need is to blind myself from shooting from limited spaces not to mention the reported increase in noise the porting produces.
    Love the concept but if I don't feel the need to have sights on ly gun, I will just look over the top of them when point shooting as I do some of the time while training.
    Your desire for a Sig P210 is well founded and if I were not in the market fora a large accurate extremely well built target pistol, I would not have passed on one that my LGS gave away for $1200 as a consignment sale a few weeks ago. I do not know that market but I think that was a really low price for that firearm. To add spice to that price, it was a German mfg. one to boot.
    1200 for a German mfg is a genuine gift from above. New they are all over for around 1450, actually not much variation at all, either everybody is putting them at their best deal or they figure they are worth every penny and somebody will buy them.
    I'm watching a used one at the moment still very reasonable. I'm much prefer new but on my side of the tracks the used might have to make do.
    Some models and german mfg are going upwards of 6 and 8 thousand and more. Must be very special indeed.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

[QUOTE=Bawanna;410624]https://www.sigsauer.com/store/p365-sas.html

I got a chance to fondle a Sig 365 with them new SAS sights. No front sight and the rear is laid into the slide so it's flush.
    In a nutshell I was actually pretty impressed, I didn't think it would fly for me but it took off and worked.
    Only down fall is it pretty much disappears in very low light, but I don't go out much in the dark and carry a flashlight when I do so I suspect it would work ok.

It completely relies on having two eyes, dominate eye on the dot in the circle and non dominant on the target. Where they overlap is where you hit.

The Sig itself doesn't totally sing for me although it wasn't bad. If I ever run across a Hellcat I'd like to hold one of those. I think they make this sight for Kahrs, but don't recall which models. Might be a plan there somewhere too.

Right now I'm focusing all my marbles on a Sig P210 Target, its' been on the list for a long time and this keep up with Greg stuff is a full time and costly mission. Maybe I should start one of them thar go fund me dealy hymers?[/QUOTE Apparently not as expensive as one of these?????????????? Have one on Armslist in my area for $4000. The Sig looks much nicer and the grips are especially nice.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks for posting the great 3-gun picture Greg.
    Makes it easier to see why I like my CM9 so much for every day concealed carry.

Greg, do you feel the flat trigger to be a worthy investment into your P365? Noticeable enough that you would do it all over again?