Tommy Gun Shop   Kahr Shop   CrossBreed Holsters   Magnum Research new

Thread: T9 accuracy----the 'T' stands for target---and my Glock 17L

Default T9 accuracy----the 'T' stands for target---and my Glock 17L

I recently built a Glock 17L from a stainless Spinta Precision slide and a factory lower. I've always wanted a long slide pistol, and the price on the slide was excellent, so Glock it is. I bought a SilencerCo barrel for it, because it is supposed to be very accurate. I've put Heinie Straight Eight night sights on it, because they're a very precise sight. I've tuned and polished the trigger bar. I've put lighter springs in it. I've done everything I know to do to make my Glock accurate.

And it is. It will stack rounds one on top of the other all day long at 10 yards.

But so will my T9. All day long with Winchester White Box. And it has a shorter barrel and a shorter sight radius than the G17L. The T9 is an easily concealable pistol. All Kahrs are accurate but I can call my shots with the T9. "Shoot the target in the left eyeball.". No problem. "Shoot the 50's bad guy in the barrel of his revolver.". Done.

The build quality and accuracy of the steel framed Kahrs are really impressive. I haven't fired many high end custom pistols, but I don't think they can be any more accurate than the T9, which fights well above its weight class.

Makes me want a T even more than I've been a wanting one for a long long time.

Some day my canoe will come in.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Me three.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
    Me three.
    My dad was a cop and a "gun guy", and a rabid reader of gun magazines---this was long before the Internet. I remember reading an article on the SIG P210 by Leroy Thompson, who was supposedly a mercenary/man of action. He described it as a rifle he could conceal, and that he was confident he could make a shot at 50 yards if need be. I'm not guaranteeing I could make a head shot at that distance with my T9, but I guarantee you it's minute-of-bad-guy.

As for finding a T9, all I can say is watch GunBroker. Every now and then they show up for a decent price. Mine was $500 with shipping/background/tax. I found my MK9 on GB for even less.

Good luck in your search, and I hope you find one.

Did you machine an 80% frame or OEM frame?

Quote Originally Posted by DJK11 View Post
    Did you machine an 80% frame or OEM frame?
    On the G17L? OEM frame. I found one on GB for a smoking deal. The G17L is an interesting pistol. My slide isn't lightened like the factory one, so it's just a big heavy chunk of stainless. Minimal recoil---most of what I feel is the mass of the slide reciprocating.

It's a lot of fun.

But my T9 can hang with it shot for shot.