Kahr Shop   Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Carry Insurance?

Weird is where I live, don't sound weird to me. I like to think I connect with guns on a spiritual level weather I even shoot them or not.
    I love them all, older the better, weirder the better, if it goes bang, I want one.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

And I thought I was the only one to connect with guns and shooting on a spiritual level.

Quote Originally Posted by DM123 View Post
    Agree. If I had insurance for every possible occurrence and pay taxes and give to the church, I would have nothing left.

Another factor, I don't live in a liberal Mecca. It would take a very strong case against me to get 12 jurors to find for the Plantif.
    Same here.

Besides, here in Texas if it is a good defensive shoot and you are no-billed, you are immune to a civil suit from the survivors - if any. It's part of our Castle Doctrine/Stand Your Ground law.
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

Please don't rely on the Castle Doctrine to get you out of anything. It is not the shooting, it is proving that it was justified, and none of us here have an understanding what a screwed up investigation or a misstep in your statement to the police will cost you in lawyer fees. I would like to think I am always in the right but an overzealous prosecutor will think otherwise. I have enough cash available to pay a couple hundred thousand dollar bail directly to the court knowing I will get most of it back come trial time but if I didn't, I would have to fork over $20,000 to the bondsman that I would never see again.

If you think you are safe from prosecution in TX, just contact the boys over at Texas Law Shield. They may have a differing opinion.
    "Never pet a burning dog"

You have a couple hundred thousand dollars available? Hell yeah man. If I sold some stuff I might come up with 5 or 10 grand but that's optimistic.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I didn't say it wouldn't hurt. 401k dollars are a subject to taxation upon withdrawal. Taking $200k at once dumps you into an ugly tax bracket on that years income tax. Hence, $129/yr with CCW/Safe or most other plans takes all that away.
    "Never pet a burning dog"

Here is something else to think about. If you have insurance for such a thing, would you be more likely to engage as opposed to jumping behind barrier, retreating? There are many places of business, parks towns, etc., that now post against CCW. Would your ionsurance company defend you if you accidentally stumbled into one of these places and used your weapon?

Several years ago, when our son was first starting to go out at night in his car, he forgot his key and broke in late at night. He got a major chewing out but thankfully I didn't shoot him.

Whether or not you have insurance, you need to consider your mindset carefully. I would hate to think just having insurance would make a person more likely to use his/her weapon.

The door bell would have saved you from using your weapon too!

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    Weird is where I live, don't sound weird to me. I like to think I connect with guns on a spiritual level weather I even shoot them or not.
    I love them all, older the better, weirder the better, if it goes bang, I want one.
    This is for you...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TC2xTCb_GU
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

Quote Originally Posted by Ikeo74 View Post
    The door bell would have saved you from using your weapon too!
    He was coming in past his curfew time. We had already gone to bed when I heard the "bump in the night". Teenagers don't always think with their mind.

On another note, most likely male teenagers think with another head.