Tommy Gun Shop   Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun   Crimsontrace

Thread: Holster options for S9

Default Holster options for S9

Picked up a S9 a few weeks ago and really like it 600 rounds so far and perfect. Great looking gun and came with 2 mags. So far like everything about it except holster options. That rail makes it hard to find a quality kydex OWB holster for it. I'm not going to carry it with a light and it still is hard to find a decent holster kydex or leather at a reasonable price. Ebay and Amazon have some IWB and OWB but most of them are junk. I like the Mitch Rosen but don't feel like spending 80 plus dollars. For my Glocks I find Quality used holsters like Tulster, Bravo Concealment, and Comp Tac. There are some good IWB ones out there for the S9 like Concealment Express, and Multi Holsters but sorry I won't pay 70 dollars for a kydex IWB. If anybody knows where I can pick up a good OWB kydex holster comparable to Bravo or Comp Tac I would really appreciate it. Right now I'm using a Desantis mini slide for a Glock 43 and it's ok but would rather find something that's made for a S9 Thanks.

Crossbreed

You may have to go with one of the Bianchi "generic" style minimalist holsters. I have a couple of them, one larger than the other, and I can fit a number of different pistols in them.
    Today is the first day of the rest of your life.

This is a little late I know; I purchased a Muddy River tuckable leather IWB holster with an adjustable cant and it is extremely comfortable. Most of the time I actually wear it as an OWB holster by having it behind my belt but outside my pants. I've tried a lot of different holsters and this is by far the most comfortable that allows me to change the cant instantaneously.

They don't actually list one specifically for the S9 but they have one listed for the CW9 and it fits the S9 perfectly.

Good luck,
    Ralph

I tried Muddy River for a Glock 42 and didn't like it. It sat to deep and i couldn't get a good grip. Thanks for your response.

Quote Originally Posted by Techman View Post
    I tried Muddy River for a Glock 42 and didn't like it. It sat to deep and i couldn't get a good grip. Thanks for your response.
    Did you ever get anything Techman? BTW, in addition to having an adjustable cant my Muddy River holster's depth can also be adjusted.

Take care,
    Ralph

How can you adjust the depth on a leather holster? I traded a Glock 43 and some extras for a Kahr Pm9 in great condition and it came with a Masters OWB leather pancake holster that fits the S9 really well. For IWB I picked up a Houston holster made from recycled leather and is very confortable that only cost 17 dollars. I'll get buy with those I guess until I find something I want.

Quote Originally Posted by Techman View Post
    How can you adjust the depth on a leather holster?
    The Muddy River clip has an upper and lower hole that allows you to adjust the depth. As noted, mine also allows for easy cant adjustment. In case anyone would like to know.

Ralph

I've had great luck -- plus secure retention, quick speed to draw, and all-day comfort -- with the 3 different IWB holsters I've ordered from MDJ Custom Holsters; they're Kydex with a leather backing and are available in a variety of styles. Several on their site look like they were formed around a Kahr with a rail -- so maybe you can call them to check on that.

Here is the MDJ Holsters website (click for link).

Tight groups.

Old No7
    "Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH