Magnum Research new   Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun Shop   Mitch Rosen

Thread: CW9 Trigger Pull

Default CW9 Trigger Pull

Hi Fellow Forum Members.

I noticed something very interesting when I was at my local gunstore today. I was looking at a CW9 that he just got in. So he took it out for me and I tried the trigger. Much to my amazement the length of pull was far greater that that on my PM9 and CW45. So I told him about it. He took out a CW45 that he had in stock and tried the CW9. He noticed the same thing. The length of pull was quite longer than the CW45. Now is this typical of a CW9, has Kahr changed something, or is there a problem with the trigger? Don't get me wrong it felt smooth and consistent, but very long. By the way I noticed that Wolf Springs has a 5lb striker spring. Has anyone purchased or tried the Wolf and have they noticed any difference in the trigger? Thanks in advance

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by tomstib View Post
    Hi Fellow Forum Members.

I noticed something very interesting when I was at my local gunstore today. I was looking at a CW9 that he just got in. So he took it out for me and I tried the trigger. Much to my amazement the length of pull was far greater that that on my PM9 and CW45. So I told him about it. He took out a CW45 that he had in stock and tried the CW9. He noticed the same thing. The length of pull was quite longer than the CW45. Now is this typical of a CW9, has Kahr changed something, or is there a problem with the trigger? Don't get me wrong it felt smooth and consistent, but very long. By the way I noticed that Wolf Springs has a 5lb striker spring. Has anyone purchased or tried the Wolf and have they noticed any difference in the trigger? Thanks in advance

Tom
    The trigger really should be exactly the same. I can't explain why or how it could be any different. Would be interesting to actually measure and see how much the difference really is.
    Several here myself included have installed the 5# striker spring. It does in fact reduce the pull to around the 5# mark. I measured before and after and the trigger gauge reflected the difference. My factory spring was on the lighter side of the usual 7 - 7 1/2# mark so it wasn't a huge difference and hardly noticeable to the finger but it works great and the gauge doesn't lie.
    I have no regrets putting it in and would do it again. In fact I aim to do one in my K40. I did my PM45 first.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Hi Bawanna
    Thanks for the reply. I called tech support at Kahr this afternoon and confirmed what you had stated that the trigger pull length should be the same in all pistols. When I told the rep that the trigger was almost to the bottom of the trigger guard before it engaged I asked if this could the the beginning of a problem and he stated that it could very well be. Tomorrow I will inform my friend who owns the gun store and leave it up to him as to whether he can return the gun to the distributor. I will hold off until he gets another one. I also ordered up some 5 lb striker springs from Wolf for my PM9 and CW 45. Again thanks for your help.

Tom