Tommy Gun Shop   CrossBreed Holsters   Crimsontrace   Magnum Research new
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CW380 recoil spring ?

Default CW380 recoil spring ?

When reassembling my pistol the inner recoil spring sticks out of the small hole where the guide rod goes. This makes it not possible to seat the flange end of the guide rod in the correct position. The springs are facing the right direction.

Does this happen to others and how do you correct it?
    This seems like a design flaw

how about trying to open up the ends of both the inner and outter recoil spring at that front opening. It is not a design flaw, we have not seen this. If u set the recoil rod in that front portion of the slide without letting kthe recoil spring get going first instead of the recoil rod, I t should not be an issue. it was OK before u took it apart,,,, was it not???
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Quote Originally Posted by jocko View Post
    *If u set the recoil rod in that front portion of the slide without letting kthe recoil spring get going first instead of the recoil rod, I t should not be an issue.
    Hard to do that with the tension of 2 springs isn't it?
    It has done this since I bought it. Eventually I get it to go in correctly, but it should not be doing this.

Steve, make sure the ends of both the inner and outer springs are pointing toward the barrel when you install the guide rod and that should eliminate the reassembly problem.
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

Muggsy, thanks. The ends are facing the right direction

Default I would say

Quote Originally Posted by smokersteve View Post
    Hard to do that with the tension of 2 springs isn't it?
    It has done this since I bought it. Eventually I get it to go in correctly, but it should not be doing this.
    until u get the hang of doin it correctly, then yes It can do it. Trust me it is not a design flaw, might be a PIA until u get the hang of it, but u will get the hang of it. I think ur comment is the first of any 380 kahr owner
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Jocko, do you compress both the springs so they are shorter than the guide rod so the end of the rod goes in the hole 1st?

I can't. Maybe I need to do finger exercises

not sure if kthey are like that any more butr it used to be that the inner spring when put on should go on with alittle friction as it is moving back on the recoil rod. The front portion of thge spring would then be less restrictive a siut slide sup and won on the recoil rod. U can actually feel this when instlling the recoil springs to. again not sure if they are like that anymore b ut my P380 recoil spring is like that but its one of the first 250 made, so it has been awhile. try it both way and see if u can feel the difference as it slides over the recoil tube.....and again mine could have just been a tight inner beginning coil to making it feel like I am describing..

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

My inner spring slips right on the rod with no friction.
    I can get it together with some work. It just seems odd that the spring goes out the hole

The inner recoil spring is shorter than the outer. Should you place the closed end of both springs at the barrel end of the guide rod. Should both open ends be flush at the point where the guide rod goes through the slide. It would seem that it should be one way or the other with 2 different lengths of spring.