Mitch Rosen   Xssights   Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: REAL ID question

Default REAL ID question

I know that in Kalifornia, a Real ID is needed to buy a gun or ammo. Is this going to be true for other States as well?
    I am the Living Man

I do have a real ID, but I sure hope it will never be required to buy ammo or a long gun.

Not for ammo in my state. There would be a revolt.

For guns you must have an ID but if you have a valid concealed carry permit no additional FBI check is required. Fill out the form and take your new toy home. You passed a background check for your carry permit.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Cool Escape to the Free Zone

Quote Originally Posted by knkali View Post
    I know that in Kalifornia, a Real ID is needed to buy a gun or ammo. Is this going to be true for other States as well?
    Hell No!
    Leave that place immediately...

I don't here think so, Colorado, but our DLs and my Passport Card both meet Real ID standards.
    NRA Benefactor

Never heard of Real ID, what do I have now. You mean all this time it's a fake?
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

The feds claimed that many states DL were too easy to fake. They had to implement several features to be declared "real ID". SC drug their heels and wanted the feds to pay for the conversion. Our DL's will no longer be accepted as ID for planes, federal builidings etc... The state finally caved, and now are issuing real ID's. We have until 2020 to comply. It is pain in the arse. You have to bring pretty much the same documentation you need for a passport, to get your driver's license. Many folks don't have or never had all the documents, so they still give out "regular" licenses too. They just aren't good enough for Federal ID, but good enough to drive on. My mom has friends without birth certificates, born on the farm way back when.

Anyway, it's supposed to be some anti-terrorist thing. Real ID's are supposed to be tougher to get or fake, but I think some of the liberal states are passing them out, so does it really matter?
    NRA Benefactor

According to the Department of Father...er, I mean Homeland Security, a Real ID is not required for the following:

• Entering Federal facilities that do not require a person to present identification
    • Voting or registering to vote
    • Applying for or receiving Federal benefits
    • Being licensed by a state to drive
    • Accessing Health or life preserving services (including hospitals and health clinics), law enforcement, or constitutionally protected activities (including a defendant's access to court proceedings)
    • Participating in law enforcement proceedings or investigations

Seems to me that anything relating to the 2nd Amendment is a "constitutionally protected activity", but that's just me. It's interesting to note that Real ID is a mandate on certain federal agencies...not on the states themselves. Participation and compliance is supposedly voluntary for the individual states; however, after all of the extensions and appeals have run out, the affected federal agencies (including the TSA) cannot accept ID from non-compliant states. By going about it in this manner, I think the feds were trying to avoid claims that Real ID is an unfunded mandate.

I love ya and I know it is beautiful, but California? Really?
    "Never pet a burning dog"

Quote Originally Posted by 340pd View Post
    I love ya and I know it is beautiful, but California? Really?
    Most of the people I know who live in Kalifornia want out, but more or less have stay due to jobs, family and various other reasons. Personally, I would move to any number of foreign countries before I would live there. Helluva shame, since geographically it's such a beautiful state.