Mitch Rosen   Crimsontrace   CrossBreed Holsters   Kahr Shop
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Brand new cm 45 won't fire.

Thanks to all for the instruction.you can always count on the firearm community for help.Greg,I pushed the extractor pin in and it had a little give and bounced back.I'm sure it's my imagination,but the striker pin seems to be protruding a bit more.I am going to study all this great instruction and maybe disassemble the slide tomorrow.why do I feel like this is a easy fix but I'm missing something.i,of course would like to avoid sending it back to kahr for however long and taking another hit on a ffl fee on the return.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder 48 View Post
    Thanks to all for the instruction.you can always count on the firearm community for help.Greg,I pushed the extractor pin in and it had a little give and bounced back.I'm sure it's my imagination,but the striker pin seems to be protruding a bit more.I am going to study all this great instruction and maybe disassemble the slide tomorrow.why do I feel like this is a easy fix but I'm missing something.i,of course would like to avoid sending it back to kahr for however long and taking another hit on a ffl fee on the return.
    The time for the trip to Kahr is unknown but even a day is too long for us gun lovers. There should not be an additional FFL fee. Kahr in a situation like this will send a call tag and you can mail it from home and it will get delivered to your home, somebody has to be there as it will be signature required. If they don't a gun shop can usually ship much cheaper than you can and it's easier, then it comes back to them but no transfer, it's already yours.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder 48 View Post
    It might not be your imagination: the striker block and extractor spring (maybe the rear pin as well) intersect. Perhaps something is dirty/damaged where they meet that prevents/slows full movement of the block (which could impede the striker's travel).
    Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    The time for the trip to Kahr is unknown but even a day is too long for us gun lovers. There should not be an additional FFL fee. Kahr in a situation like this will send a call tag and you can mail it from home and it will get delivered to your home, somebody has to be there as it will be signature required. If they don't a gun shop can usually ship much cheaper than you can and it's easier, then it comes back to them but no transfer, it's already yours.
    invaluable info^^thanks.fortunately,I can carry my p365 or shield as a back up if needed.I know it sounds crazy,but a lot of what I have learned about firearms is when there is malfunction.by no means do I welcome this,but on the positive side,when it's all said and done I will gain knowledge.this gun feels right.the fit and finish is impressive for a $350 pistol.the grip on a flush mag gives me a full pinky rest.this gun has the black cerekote slide (I don't like shiny).it's as small as my p365 and I bought a 6+1 mag,which by the way I have been jumping on that mag trying to get the 6th round in.in other words I really like this pistol and will make it work.

And we'll help you make it work. I encourage you to follow Gregs advise and strip that slide. The extractor tunnel is a chain, the extractor, a spring and a solid rod so the movement you discovered is normal but it could be gummed up or junk in the striker channel or extractor channel messing things up.
    I'm perplexed that it shot the pencil out but doesn't make a mark on a primer. I wonder if it's possible that chamber was cut incorrectly and the round is sitting too far forward. Might try the plunk test, just drop a cartridge in the barrel outside the gun and see if it sits flush or too deep.
    Go ahead and take the day off and work on this, I want closure and a happy ending.
    If it comes down to going back you of course need to call CS and let them know the issue, if they don't offer a prepaid shipping label ask for one.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I mean,it shot the pencil a foot.I chambered one round into a open action and it looked flush to me.could I have done anything when I cleaned it,out of the box before live fire.the recoil spring was a bit of a pain and I had to tap the barrel out,the barrel was in there that tight.probably should have mentioned that a while ago.all my other semi-autos,the barrel,spring,guide rod are removed easily.

Pencil should fly out with gusto. A foot is actually kind of girlyman. Sitting down most guns will actually come close to an 8ft ceiling.
    Something is hanging up in the striker channel or it's a bad striker.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

CDC electrical cleaner and an air compressor may solve your problem without a lot of disassembly.

I would pull the thing apart just to make sure. I seem to remember someone posting that they did this in a gallon zip lock bag so they wouldn't loose parts. There is a posting of a retainer made out of a piece of coat hanger wire that makes this easier. May be someone on here remembers the posting with the wire retainer. It worked well on my CW380 and my PM9.

Quote Originally Posted by dustnchips View Post
    I would pull the thing apart just to make sure. I seem to remember someone posting that they did this in a gallon zip lock bag so they wouldn't loose parts. There is a posting of a retainer made out of a piece of coat hanger wire that makes this easier. May be someone on here remembers the posting with the wire retainer. It worked well on my CW380 and my PM9.
    Yup, Gallon zip loc. Put the slide in it, seal it up and poke your little screwdriver in. Search for Ripley Retractor for the retainer explanation.