Xssights   Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun Shop   Magnum Research new
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Masterpiece arms protector 380 pocket pistol

Default Masterpiece arms protector 380 pocket pistol

Hi All
    Just received my MPA Protector 380 yesterday. I got it from buds and it was the newer protector 2 model.
    i bought the stainless model for $285.
    the gun was fired first time today at the range.
    50 blazer fmj and 10 speer gold dot HP were shot with zero problems.
    the gun has a ported barrel so recoil was actually less than I thought it would be for such a small gun (it is smaller than my LCP) It was very hard to field strip the first time I did it but the second time it was much easier.
    Gun is made from solid block of steel. there is no cast or mim parts.
    Cant speak for accuracy because my range was overcrowded and I could only get the 20 yard lane.
    I cant hit the target often with my LCP from this far and the same went for this gun.
    If it performs as well at 7 yards as my lcp does I just might have a new favorite pocket pistol.
    If you get one of these order more recoil springs as it is recommended to change them every 200 rounds.
    masterpieces website charges ridiculous shipping but if you order by phone they will mail parts for $5.00
    there are 2 springs an inner and outer and they cost $2.00 each.

here a link to description on there website
    https://www.masterpiecearms.com/special-info.php
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by patgwashere; 03-16-2012 at 08:15 AM.

That's a cool looking little gun. Looks to me a lot like a Seecamp. Is just the slide stainless. Tell me more about it.

Quote Originally Posted by kerby9mm View Post
    That's a cool looking little gun. Looks to me a lot like a Seecamp. Is just the slide stainless. Tell me more about it.
    from their website

Upper Slide Machined from a Solid Billet (Block) of 4140 Heat Treated Steel or a Solid Billet (Block) of 416 Stainless Steel - Not produced from a casting
    Lower Receiver Machined from a Solid Billet (Block) of 4140 Heat Treated Steel
    Blowback Design, Fixed Barrel, Advanced Ergonomic Grip Design for Better Control and Shooting Confidence
    here is link to further info
    https://www.masterpiecearms.com/special-info.php

I also added more pictures comparing it to my Ruger LCP
    Last edited by patgwashere; 03-16-2012 at 08:16 AM.

Default Wow!

That is a beautiful little gun! I have been thinking about a .380 for carry when the PM9 is just a bit too big. I was thinking about a Taurus 738ss. But, I'm a sucker for a mechanical thing of beauty, and the Masterpiece is a thing of beauty. The price is attractive as well.

Yeah, I noticed that gun awhile back. Machined out of solid steel - nice! I have one important question: how stiff is the trigger? You see, I have crippled hands and can't handle a 10+ lb trigger.
    Very interesting...

Congrats on the Protector! I have been looking at them for a long time now; they are very interesting pistols.
    "America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
    -- Abraham Lincoln --

Quote Originally Posted by JFootin View Post
    Yeah, I noticed that gun awhile back. Machined out of solid steel - nice! I have one important question: how stiff is the trigger? You see, I have crippled hands and can't handle a 10+ lb trigger.
    Stick with the P380, J.
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

Quote Originally Posted by muggsy View Post
    Stick with the P380, J.
    I'm a cheapskate! The price of a new P380 makes me go . And I'm not going to buy a used one. I guess I'll have to wait for the CW380.
    Very interesting...

The one that I had was junk, it would eject a spent round and a fresh one every time I shot it. It was better with a new recoil spring, I sold it because it would take the skin off my trigger finger no matter how I held the gun.

The P380 is an exact copy of the PM9... only SMALLER... with ALL of the "Big Gun" features... NO SURPRISES, or changes in the manual of arms when switching to it from the other larger Kahrs.

Wynn
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".