Xssights   Crimsontrace   Magnum Research new   Mitch Rosen

Thread: Adapters to change your chamber for differnt cartridges.

Default Adapters to change your chamber for differnt cartridges.

I ran across this site: http://www.mcace.com/adapters.htm
    Has some adapters to let you shoot .22 LR out of your .223 and stuff. I'm ordering the one to change a .308 to 7.62 x 39 for my 1916 Spanish Mauser 7.62 NATO conversion, so I don't have to handload light loads and can use that cheap Russian Ammo. Anyway, thought it might be of interest to some of us.
    Tom
    Live today, tomorrow may not come!
    Boberg XR9S
    Kahr CW40
    Springfield Armory 1911
    Dan Wesson Revolver

HY*NDAI is to cars, what Caracal, Hi-Point, and Jennings is to handguns. The cars may or may not run ok, but the corporation SUCKS.

Let us know how it works out for you. Full range report.
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

How does it convert centerfire to rimfire?

Thunder, It has some way to move the force of the firing pin from the center of the cartridge over to the rim I think, seems I read something like that. I think their for bolt action rifles, not AR type weapons. I think it's probably a single shot only type of deal.
    The Russian adapter for 308's are more versatile, they have mag conversions that have a block for the shorter rounds and different base plate so you can load 5 in the mag. They may have something similiar for the .22 conversions, but I have no idea, didn't ask much about them. Maybe if you google it you can find someone that's used the .22 conversions and can shed more light on it. For a total of $62, I'll have a functioning, safe, rifle in a good all round varmit/deer round.
    Tom
    Boberg XR9S
    Kahr CW40
    Springfield Armory 1911
    Dan Wesson Revolver

HY*NDAI is to cars, what Caracal, Hi-Point, and Jennings is to handguns. The cars may or may not run ok, but the corporation SUCKS.

Oh the adapter is only $25, plus $2.00 S&H. The mag conversion is $25, and I ordered a broken shell extracter for another $10 to remove the device in case I get a 308 die and decide to make my own ammo.
    Tom
    Boberg XR9S
    Kahr CW40
    Springfield Armory 1911
    Dan Wesson Revolver